Why doesn't droid Sync outlook contacts when they are added?

milew66623

Reaction score
All of our staff are given droids (LG lucid 2 as of now) and it is all set to sync on the phone and in the exchange server. When I add new staff via Active directory, it populates in in the global address book in outlook exchage, but it does NOT update in the contacts, and the contacts are what sync to the phone. So, it makes no sense

In outlook exchange (2013 is what I am using) how can you, when you add contacts to the global address book, have them auto update in the outlook contact list so that it syncs with our employees phones (the phones sync with the contacts, not the address book)? As of now, I have to manually "copy to contacts" any new emloyees that are added so that it can sync with the phone. That makes no sense at all! So that isn't syncing anything! It's just refreshing what is already there! It is terrible! So, every time that I add new employees via active directory, I then have to remote in, or walk to about 60 comouters just so I can "Copy to contacts" the new employees that were added! I realize that the employees could do it, but trust me....they won't.

LGElectronics

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having troubles. We have investigated similar issues and in all instances this was resolved via changes to the exchange server settings. We recommend looking at the settings for the exchange server and possibly escalating to Microsoft for assistance. ^SM

All of our staff are given droids (LG lucid 2 as of now) and it is all set to sync on the phone and in the exchange server. When I add new staff via Active directory, it populates in in the global address book in outlook exchage, but it does NOT update in the contacts, and the contacts are what sync to the phone. So, it makes no sense

In outlook exchange (2013 is what I am using) how can you, when you add contacts to the global address book, have them auto update in the outlook contact list so that it syncs with our employees phones (the phones sync with the contacts, not the address book)? As of now, I have to manually "copy to contacts" any new emloyees that are added so that it can sync with the phone. That makes no sense at all! So that isn't syncing anything! It's just refreshing what is already there! It is terrible! So, every time that I add new employees via active directory, I then have to remote in, or walk to about 60 comouters just so I can "Copy to contacts" the new employees that were added! I realize that the employees could do it, but trust me....they won't.