Contact issue after sync from iphone to outlook then to android

sam_2030

Reaction score
I bought Samsung Note II to replace my iPhone mobile. I synced all contacts to MS Outlook then to Android. I had 2 issues after doing that:
1- phone numbers that were under "iPhone" phone number field were change to "other" phone number field in MS Outlook. So when I synced them to my Android, this phone number "other" was not synced!
2- some contacts has more than 3 phone numbers. when I open them from the contacts, all numbers are shown, but when I open them in the phone dialer, only the first 3 phone numbers are shown!
By the way, if I add new number in the Android contact editor, it will be shown in the contacts and phone dialer even if it have more than 3 phone number!!

I really stocked in that I have lots of contacts in my phone :(

clcto

Supporting Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.companionlink.com
What tool did you use to synchronize Outlook to your Phone?

One way too clean up Outlook is to export your entire database, edit in excel to move phone numbers from Other to the right column, then create a new Contact folder in Outlook with the correct data.

It's kind of a gigo thing, once your data is messed up, you can't expect other sync tools to clean it very well, so it is best to keep it as clean as possible with each sync destination.