Outlook Sync Issues

TopJim

Reaction score
Relatively new Mot Droid user, converting from Blackberry...or maybe not...
FW v2.0.1, Exchange 2003 SP3. Never a sync problem with our fleet of BBerries across North America.

Have now sync'd my outlook, facebook, and gmail accounts. Have 0 contacts in gmail, was a new account setup for my droid. Then sync'd outlook via exchange server. Facebook imports set to add, not merge.

There are now increasing # of contacts in my Outlook that cannot be found on my Droid. Yet they are still in my Outlook Contacts and no identical name in FB or gmail. Net, I have to open outlook on my PC to look up contacts that should be on my Droid.

I have another issue where contacts in my Outlook do not display. I can see them on my Droid. I can search for them in Outlook and find them. But I cannot scroll to them in Outlook. Editing and re-saving the contact does not make them re-appear. Sometimes I can find them by looking by last name or first name instead of Company, even when displaying Company (last,first). Othertimes, no, I can only find my contacts on my PC if I search for them. And even when I do find one, if I re-save it and specify the convention Company (last,first), it still displays by name sort rather than company. There doesn't seem to be a way to fix this. The issue has only cropped up since I sync'd my Droid, after ~10 yrs on Outlook.

Seperately, more of a gripe than a data corruption issue, is that the Droid appears unable to dial an extension # like 408-555-1212 x123. After researching the forums, I have been going through my Outlook database and replacing "x" with ",,,,," but now I'm thinking I should have used six commas instead of five so the timing is right to the # of rings, but... what a nightmare. How are you all dealing with extensions? BBerry seems to know that an "x" is an extension, and to wait until it hears a pickup before ringing the extension. Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:

swallman

Reaction score
Relatively new Mot Droid user, converting from Blackberry...or maybe not...
FW v2.0.1, Exchange 2003 SP3. Never a sync problem with our fleet of BBerries across North America.

Have now sync'd my outlook, facebook, and gmail accounts. Have 0 contacts in gmail, was a new account setup for my droid. Then sync'd outlook via exchange server. Facebook imports set to add, not merge.

There are now increasing # of contacts in my Outlook that cannot be found on my Droid. Yet they are still in my Outlook Contacts and no identical name in FB or gmail. Net, I have to open outlook on my PC to look up contacts that should be on my Droid.

I have another issue where contacts in my Outlook do not display. I can see them on my Droid. I can search for them in Outlook and find them. But I cannot scroll to them in Outlook. Editing and re-saving the contact does not make them re-appear. Sometimes I can find them by looking by last name or first name instead of Company, even when displaying Company (last,first). Othertimes, no, I can only find my contacts on my PC if I search for them. And even when I do find one, if I re-save it and specify the convention Company (last,first), it still displays by name sort rather than company. There doesn't seem to be a way to fix this. The issue has only cropped up since I sync'd my Droid, after ~10 yrs on Outlook.

Seperately, more of a gripe than a data corruption issue, is that the Droid appears unable to dial an extension # like 408-555-1212 x123. After researching the forums, I have been going through my Outlook database and replacing "x" with ",,,,," but now I'm thinking I should have used six commas instead of five so the timing is right to the # of rings, but... what a nightmare. How are you all dealing with extensions? BBerry seems to know that an "x" is an extension, and to wait until it hears a pickup before ringing the extension. Is there a fix for this?

Found this in another thread. Instead of an "x", use a semicolon ";". After it dials the initial number, it will prompt with "Send the Following Tones" ?