Why does this Never Work?!

abraham3660

Reaction score
Ok so I am an avid ROM flasher, but I am getting really tired of reinstalling all my apps every time. I use titanium backup and it works fine, but its still alot of work installing. So I heard you can move your apps to your sd card. At first I used the apps to sd app. It showed my apps were on my sd card, but when i did a data wipe, there wasnt a single app on my sd card. Then I tried just going into manage applications and hitting the move to sd button. Once again it showed my apps were on my sd card, but when i wiped data to install a new rom there were no apps. Why??

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
moving apps to sd is to remove from internal memory. u wipe and it disappears.

TIbackup is still what id use. you can make an update.zip file with it and apply it in recovery after installing a new ROM

mtz_gto

Reaction score
you could go to SS 4.8 and use bakapps...
install it on whatever rom your on now, then flash
SS 4.8 on top of whatever you have now. BAM! Shiney new 4.8!

Like findin a $100 Dollar Bill On The Ground!!! dancedroid

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am an avid ROM flasher, but I am getting really tired of reinstalling all my apps every time. I use titanium backup and it works fine, but its still alot of work installing. So I heard you can move your apps to your sd card. At first I used the apps to sd app. It showed my apps were on my sd card, but when i did a data wipe, there wasnt a single app on my sd card. Then I tried just going into manage applications and hitting the move to sd button. Once again it showed my apps were on my sd card, but when i wiped data to install a new rom there were no apps. Why??

Are you using the free or paid version of Titanium? If the paid version, you can install all of your apps (and data) with the batch mode, and it'll do them all for you with just a couple of clicks... the free one makes you do each one individually.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Some ROMs say you can apply them over other ROMs without having to wipe. I wouldn't recommend it but it's a possibility. Worst case scenario you have to wipe anyway. As previously said, however, batch mode in paid Ti Backup would be a LOT easier than what you're doing now. Possibly enough to justify the cost, eh?