Why am i still on 4.0.4?

buckshot4

Reaction score
I made an account so i could ask this, so please dont get upset if this is a stupid question... But i got my Razr in August, and it came on 4.0.4. It is now February and is still 4.0.4. Ive never been asked to update or anything. When i click check for updates it says that there is no update available. It doesnt seem right though, i have friends with androids that are on 4.2.something.

Anyone have this ? Or anything i can do to fix this?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The Razr hasn't been updated yet... The true google devices are the only ones that officially received the 4.2 update... Other then that for some other devices there are 4.2 based ROMS available.... But with your model you will have to wait until VZW and MOTO release the update.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
You will be updated sometime in the next two months. Jelly Bean (the latest iteration of Android) is slated for release in quarter 1 of this year (January-March) for RAZR and RAZR MAXX devices.

OP
B

buckshot4

Reaction score
You will be updated sometime in the next two months. Jelly Bean (the latest iteration of Android) is slated for release in quarter 1 of this year (January-March) for RAZR and RAZR MAXX devices.

so everyone is in the same boat as me right now?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
so everyone is in the same boat as me right now?

The straight answer to that is yes. However, there was an "accidental" release of Jelly Bean to the Razrs on Christmas Eve. Some were lucky enough to get the update while others were not. But... someone was able to save the download and share it so some of us were able to "upgrade to jelly Bean a bit early.

Overall the release is quite good and it runs nice but there are a few glitches. Motorola's published timeframe for the official release is sometime in Q1 2013 so that means we should all have it by the end of March.

Also, Welcome to the Forums.

David