Who's Going Naked?!

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
A bunch of threads about WHICH case people have but absent in the discussion has been IF people are going to rock a case. My GF has a philosophy that the original craftsmanship on all of this technology "should" be enough and things should not be made so fragile that it is assumed everyone will go out and buy more to protect it.

That being said, not sure where I stand. I am currently going nude and went nude with the OG Droid after a brief and intolerable stint with a Seidio case. I think I kind of like the feel of the bare Bionic with the extended battery.

So who is keeping it basic with no case?

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Ill prolly end up sending my Bionic out into the wild naked eventually but right now I have the INCIPIO 2 piece case. I'm too paranoid about dropping or scratching it. I do love how it looks and feels naked though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mach330

Reaction score
i prefer naked especially since the phone feels pretty thin. i always laugh at those people with iphones with big a$$ cases which makes their phones twice as thick. might as well get a brick size phone.

ambrown

Reaction score
I tried the flexible silicon cases and hated them. Tried the more rigid silicon cases and tolerated them. Went naked with my last phone after ridding myself of the case. Currently I have a case for my Incredible that's ok. It's fairly thin but offers some protection.

I would say in most cases I prefer no case, unless its not too noticable and feels ok in the hand with one. I do hate covering up the beauty of the craftsmanship of a phone too though.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I usually skin mine. I don't like the feel or look of most cases, and I like being able to slip my phones into docks and the slim pockets of my purse, which is hard to do when they're in a case. I go with skins to protect against minor scuffs as well as add a little bit of personalization. They keep their slim silhouette, and I can easily identify them when they're laying in a pile of gadgets.

donelam304

Reaction score
It depends on what i am doing. If i am riding my bike, i put it in the little front pocket of my MC club vest and it is to big to have a case on it. But if i am out just walking around, i will sport the hard case that i got for free when i bought it. Cant remember the name of it. It was the only case they had that would work with the extended battery. It has the little stand thing you can pull out on the back as well. I like the looks of the otterbox, but it is way to thick. And it doesn't work with the extended battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

HorsePony

Reaction score
For the last 12 months of my 2 years of owning a D1, I went naked with it.
I had a Zagg on it and kept it in a leather sleeve with a felt interior.
Thing was, the heat and the Zagg did some interesting things where the Zagg was absorbing some of the brown pigment of the felt when kept in the sleeve. It ruined the Zagg because I had "stains" on the screen.
The actual phone was fine and after I determined the sleeve was the problem, I rocked the D1 naked for the last year without protection, save for a new Zagg shield on the screen only.

With my Bionic, I'm going to rock a gel case for now.
It's.....it's just too new! LOL

I suspect after some time, I will eventually go naked. It's almost like I need an "assurance" period with a case.
Just like a car, I wouldn't want a brand new car I bought to get a small scuff on the bumper because of some ass' parking job next to me.
Same with my phone. Y'know...just in case.
Give it a few months, and I won't care so much about that accidental scuff.
Crap happens.
But as for now, my phone's less than a month old...and I want it to stay pristine for a bit.

BuckyN8

Reaction score
I always do the same thing with every phone. I buy a case, and use it for about 3 months. Then want something different and end up taking the case off. I realize how thing the phone feels and how nice it is and end up never using a case again. I think I do it to get use the phone to make sure that I dont drop it.

Heywood

Reaction score
I always do the same thing with every phone. I buy a case, and use it for about 3 months. Then want something different and end up taking the case off. I realize how thing the phone feels and how nice it is and end up never using a case again. I think I do it to get use the phone to make sure that I dont drop it.

This

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

sqchram

Reaction score
No case, no screen protector. No scratches. My left front pocket is my dedicated phone pocket. Never had a scratch or issue with my previous phones. I have the extended battery and love it.