Otterbox case vs Seidio case

zero7404

Reaction score
If my description of the differences between the Seidio and Otterbox cases was taken in offense, I'm not sure why it was. I didn't mean it like "I CALL BS, WRONG, WRONG" or anything. I was just saying why they seem different to me. :icon_eek:

havent read ur posts per-se ... but i have a feeling the mod's warning columnated by something said by orangepeel. considering that his comments towards me were pretty insulting ... looks like he's on the road to getting banned ....

so i dont think u did anything wrong .... this is a thread that was steered the wrong way by someone else ....

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been ready to order it since last thursday but i left work before I had a chance to and then kept forgetting about it. Finally remembered this morning and ordered it before I could get lazy again.

Jcassell1

Reaction score
Dropped mine twice with otterbox case. Fell on the bottom right corner from about 5ft and had no issue, scratches, or dings. Second time it fell on the top right corner from same distance and no issues. Both times were on pavement. Would highly recommend this case. Fit is great and silicon insert provides outstanding shock
absorption.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I've been ready to order it since last thursday but i left work before I had a chance to and then kept forgetting about it. Finally remembered this morning and ordered it before I could get lazy again.

I have a hard time being lazy when it comes to wanting something and spending money.

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
I just got the Seidio Innocase and holster combo... I'm happy with it. I see a slight scratch from where the tabs rub the phone, but I don't really care. I'll be junking this phone in a year for something better.

Reaction score
I just got the otterbox. I don't like it. Its super slick and holding it with a slightly greasy hand or sweaty hand makes it irritating. The Seidio looked like the one I should have purchased. The Body glove had the best feel to it but was somewhat bulky.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The body glove would get stuck in my pocket all the time :|

I actually want the smooth surface of the Otterbox.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I replaced the Body Glove with the Otter Box (got it last night) It is slick when handling. Like when I use my thumbs to push out the physical keyboard I can feel it wanting to slip away from me. Im sure it will just take a day or two getting used to it because I was used to the rubbery feel of the Body Glove case.

The Otter Box case is Solid, and fits better than any case Ive used. Im not sure I like the port coverings though, I use the ports a lot during the day and the coverings might just get in the way.

I didnt have a screen protector on so I thought what the hay and applied the one that came with it. It went on w/o a hitch, no air bubbles or lint under the protector and doesnt take away from the touch sensitivity.

All in all it was a good purchase and the Pros out weigh the cons IMO. Just the simple fact that it fits snug is enough for me. I think they could improve it more by offering a rubbery coating on it like the competition.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
spray it with bedliner :p

Now you guys are scaring me if it is THAT slick. Do the rubber sides help at all or not really?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
spray it with bedliner :p

Now you guys are scaring me if it is THAT slick. Do the rubber sides help at all or not really?

I dont see that it helps. It DOES help with the volume rocker, camera button and power button. And dont be scared, its a great case.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well scared or not, it's already on its way to my house so I'll have to deal with it lol

I think I'll like it, for a long time I had a cheap clear plastic case on my Storm and it had 0 grip to it LOL and I actually liked it. I liked being able to slide it in/out of my pocket without it pulling my pocket or wallet or whatever out with it.

The slickness while sliding out the keyboard that you mentioned is the scary part. lol

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Well scared or not, it's already on its way to my house so I'll have to deal with it lol

I think I'll like it, for a long time I had a cheap clear plastic case on my Storm and it had 0 grip to it LOL and I actually liked it. I liked being able to slide it in/out of my pocket without it pulling my pocket or wallet or whatever out with it.

The slickness while sliding out the keyboard that you mentioned is the scary part. lol

I had that "leather" snap on case VZW offers and I had the same experience with it. But it was a lot worse than this case because the slider mechanism was so badly affected by that case it was difficult to open the keyboard which caused more slippage. This case has no friction at all and it opens as if the droid is naked. I already find my self not slipping as much, and its not terrible so dont think that. Just ton more slick that the Body glove case.