Who's getting the Droid LTE?

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
It's not a big enough leap to make it worthwhile, unless you REALLY, REALLY gotta have 4G. There are things that I don't like about the Droid 4 (from what I've seen so far). 1) Non-removable battery, ...bogus. I have an extended battery in my D3 and it's awesome. 2) The rounded corners, meh. 3) No more "chin" at the bottom. That makes me sad. That is THE defining DROID feature.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It's not a big enough leap to make it worthwhile, unless you REALLY, REALLY gotta have 4G. There are things that I don't like about the Droid 4 (from what I've seen so far). 1) Non-removable battery, ...bogus. I have an extended battery in my D3 and it's awesome. 2) The rounded corners, meh. 3) No more "chin" at the bottom. That makes me sad. That is THE defining DROID feature.

Alot of people complained about the "chin"...honestly, I don't care if it does or doesn't have one. Its not like its gonna affect the phone from working lol.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
If anything the thing we are seeing is a very alpha design. The D3 was just released so I say we have a 4-8 months before we see anything final

darkmatter

Reaction score
i like the chin,gives me a way to securely hold my phone without touching the glass.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

silverfang77

Reaction score
I refuse to get anything with a locked battery. That just smacks of Apple.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I actually wish they would, so Android users wouldn't have to deal with it.

akhi216

Reaction score
Anyone tempted by the leak of the Droid 3 LTE?

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/27/exclusive-first-pictures-of-the-droid4-by-motorola/

I
think I would rather have better battery life over the LTE since I rarely have a need to watch high def streaming videos on the go and 3G is pretty good in my area.

The Droid 4 will have a new program that Motorola came up with called Smart Actions to maximize battery life (e.g. dims screen, changes sync frequency, etc.). They'll introduce it in the RAZR.

4G LTE will come in handy when browsing the web or watching video on a Flash-heavy site.

If anything the thing we are seeing is a very alpha design. The D3 was just released so I say we have a 4-8 months before we see anything final

It looks like it's ready to go now in those pics. I heard that it could very well be here before the end of this year.

Lol. I'm surprised Crapple hasn't cried about a nonremovable battery patent.

This. ^

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
patfactorx

patfactorx

Reaction score
I think this is coming out in Dec. Its what they did last year with Droid 2 Global too. They like to update the Droid radios in Dec.

akhi216

Reaction score
I think this is coming out in Dec. Its what they did last year with Droid 2 Global too. They like to update the Droid radios in Dec.

It makes sense. Motorola lost a lot of ground in the first half of this year. The Bionic was delayed forever, and the Xoom didn't exactly take off. It's only natural that Motorola makes a huge push near the end of the year to keep stockholders happy.

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
Droid 4

I think it's a cool looking phone, but the lack of being able to switch out batteries on those rare occasions when I use a lot of juice...could be a deal breaker. I don't have to have the thinnest phone. I have wifi at home, and my phone downloads at about 18 - 20, which is plenty fast for me. I'll probably end up with one anyway, lol.

amishdude01

Reaction score
I currently have a Dx1. I was gonna get the d3 in march when my contracts up but then the d4 came out of no where.. but like people are saying, not a fan of the built in battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Anyone tempted by the leak of the Droid 3 LTE?

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/27/exclusive-first-pictures-of-the-droid4-by-motorola/

I
think I would rather have better battery life over the LTE since I rarely have a need to watch high def streaming videos on the go and 3G is pretty good in my area.

Ewh, that looks like a major downgrade from the Droid3. The corners look.... uncomfortable. The keyboard, nicely put, looks like **** compared to even the Droid 2 Global keyboard, lte or not, i would never get that phone. Motorola should just work on fixing the Droid3 to make it perfect rather than spitting out new phones every month

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk