Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm...Never really been one for apps like this and I haven't run into much of a problem with battery life so far on the Note 4, but I have had to top it off before bedtime on higher use days, so I'm giving this a try. I feel like I can trust Snapdragon's reputation.

I just tend to tweak settings myself, so I'm worried to see how/what it decides it needs to change on my behalf vs. how I'd actually like the phone to function.

Also not sure it'll be much of an issue as long as Sammy gets more of the spare battery/charger kits in stock before my promotional discount runs out, but worth a try.

Although, I'll be traveling for Thanksgiving, so I hope it doesn't think the first week is really a good indicator of how I use the device. The next few days will give it the best idea.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been using that ever since the SGS4 came out and swear by it. It eliminates some of the manual tweaks that would otherwise be necessary.

We had to remove the link at the top of your post due to forum rules.

OP
joscon

joscon

Reaction score
Opps. Sorry that I posted the link against rules. I didnt realize.
Yes, it saves a lot of time over manual tweaks. I like that it learns how you use your phone for the first 3 days and then calculates your battery time after 7 days of using the app. I find it to be accurate. It's unintrusive and effective.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've been using it on my s4 the past year or so and the one annoying thing it does still to this day is turns off sync with gmail sometimes.

Otherwise when it comes to battery life improvements, I think it does help. Some reviews say they get 30-50% increase in battery life, others say around 20%, I personally never took it that scientifically. I think it helps so I leave it on my phone as it doesn't really interfere with much, other than gmail.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've been using it on my s4 the past year or so and the one annoying thing it does still to this day is turns off sync with gmail sometimes.

Otherwise when it comes to battery life improvements, I think it does help. Some reviews say they get 30-50% increase in battery life, others say around 20%, I personally never took it that scientifically. I think it helps so I leave it on my phone as it doesn't really interfere with much, other than gmail.
Good to know. I'm sure I'll be tweaking some options before too long. Just because I don't use some things directly very often doesn't mean I want them chopped off at the knees so I miss things.

Sent from my Note 4

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score

In Battery Guru you have 3 options for G-Mail syncing. 1) Based on how you use it, 2) When it wants, 3) only when you open it. I use #3 but you may want to select #2.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
In Battery Guru you have 3 options for G-Mail syncing. 1) Based on how you use it, 2) When it wants, 3) only when you open it. I use #3 but you may want to select #2.
I've done all 3 options and many times it seems to unsync itself. I think default is option #2 (saves battery). It's not a real bother for me personally, but it's something I noticed.

alhadee12

Reaction score
I've been using it for a while now and it's been pretty good. I'm using a Edge without and then I'll install to the difference.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I had it on My GNote4 for a week. For some reason it would not let any of my apps update. It would not let download any new apps. After uninstalling it all is fine again. This is the second time I had an issue with it. I had another problem with it with my GNote3 or Galaxy Nexus. I can't remember which one. I get great battery life already so I really do not need it.

alhadee12

Reaction score
I had it on My GNote4 for a week. For some reason it would not let any of my apps update. It would not let download any new apps. After uninstalling it all is fine again. This is the second time I had an issue with it. I had another problem with it with my GNote3 or Galaxy Nexus. I can't remember which one. I get great battery life already so I really do not need it.
I've never had trouble with any apps, but I've noticed an increase in battery life while using it. How significant I haven't tried to determine.