which replacement phone?

ashenfang

Reaction score
Well, I have been through 3 replacement thunderbolt phones because of the reboot issues as well as one of the phones failing to read the SD card. Verizon has offered to exchange for a different device but I have no idea what to get. I have been with a Droid since launch and upgraded over the months to different phones. Original, d2, x, and now the thunderbolt. But now I am so frustrated with Android. I am ready to move to Apple but VW says that " Apple won't allow it". This phone spends more time having problems than it does me using it and when you are paying $250 a month for service it gets a little irritating. Suggestions? Advice?

tc3

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.

Told me the same about Apple also, trying to decide on what to get.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

reuuin88

Reaction score
Sorry you're having so many problems. But honestly the droid charge is your only 4g option if you still want to go that route. Droid x 2 I'd pick up in a heart beat if I wasn't in a 4g area. Maybe the LG revolution, but LG in my opinion isn't all that great.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
Why you would ever go to iPhone makes no sense. But go with the charge. I had major problems with the revolution. 3 brand new ones in 13 days because they all freaked out. No problems with the charge so far though

Sent from my droid charge

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Charge or Inc2 if you do not want 4g. I would not go with a Revo.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I say fix reboots on your own till Verizon pushes ota. Then you will be glad later.

ridin the lightning

spindizzy

Reaction score
Talked to VW yesterday. My second replacement is on its way. I kept my original phone as the replacement phone rebooted more. They told me that the new updates will be here in two weeks. Also they said the reason the replacement phones were rebooting is that the phones have the updates pre installed. I'll wait for the update. I still love this phone.

OP
A

ashenfang

Reaction score
update: Received a phone call back from Verizon yesterday. They informed me that they were sending me a new Iphone and that I could keep my Tbolt aswell in case I decided to ever want to use it again - maybe in the future after the phone is more stable.

James9109

Reaction score
I've only had about 3 reboots, sice having the phone the day after it coming out.

spdivr1122

Reaction score
update: Received a phone call back from Verizon yesterday. They informed me that they were sending me a new Iphone and that I could keep my Tbolt aswell in case I decided to ever want to use it again - maybe in the future after the phone is more stable.

I am extremely jealous that they are letting you keep the thunderbolt. That is pretty insane, and awesome. Hopefully there will be updates on the future though.

Sent from my droid charge

bernardino5

Reaction score
U said u were fed up with Android were ur other phones just as bad, funny cause I've had nothing to complain about Android my first phone was the D1 and now the TBolt and runs flawlessly I guess u weren't ment for Android.

Root3d TBolt