Which kernel is Your Favorite?

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
does the kernel work with 4g? ive got 4g pretty much everywhere i go on the stock kernel. just installed it and im only getting 1X

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Answered my own question lol
kh9Y4W

droidFreak190

Reaction score
make sure you flash the latest drod kernel...the one posted isn't the latest .5 release....and i had to flahs my kernel twice because it was working funny the first time...wipe cache and dalvik cache...works great only problem is when people call me and i pick up i like cant talk or hear them for a few seconds

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
make sure you flash the latest drod kernel...the one posted isn't the latest .5 release....and i had to flahs my kernel twice because it was working funny the first time...wipe cache and dalvik cache...works great only problem is when people call me and i pick up i like cant talk or hear them for a few seconds

Got a link for that?

This thread has been Thunder struck!

droidFreak190

Reaction score
yeah man and I HIGHLY recomend the VirusROM...it is honestly the only rom that has been running 100% perfect for me...I tried bamf 1.5 which was good....lightning rom..which was slow but i loved the rotating rosie....and now I am on VirusROM with the drod kernel...one word...AMAZING

OP
powerstrokeit73
Reaction score
Yea I was thinking of trying the virus ROM. Which one do you recommend? Sense or senseless? I really don't understand what the difference is.

droidFreak190

Reaction score
sense= like what all the new HTC phones come with...Sense UI is integrated in this ROM....the nice lock screens, and phone dialer, phonebook, htc messages app...etc

Senseless= regular android apps...no sense ui...stock android lock screens, phone dialer, phone book....etc...

i personally love sense ui and think things look to plain with the stock android apps. so I went with the sense download.

i then flashed the blue theme that they offer which makes everything look a lot nicer....(not overdone at all...i find it perfect)

and I flashed the drod kernel and keep setcpu set to 245-1033mhz

wascapsfan

Reaction score
Anything that Ziggy creates is gold. mecca bfs 050111 is awesome!!!!

Reaction score
Im running BAMF 1.6 Remix on top of the new RUU and flashed Imyosen's lean battery saver kernel, I've tried BAMF 4.4.2 and Imyosens's lean extreme kernel but none allow the battery life of this one, I get about 13 hours of heavy usage outta my device and the kernel allows for fast charging..and I MEAN FAST CHARGING, in one hour it goes from 0 to 80%! But regularly I don't use it heavily so I get about 18 hours

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Do u guys use kernel managers (like rom manager) to download kernels.

I hear drod is great. I wanna get that kernel with dasbamf rom. I know dasbamf is in rom manager...but what about kernels

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Do u guys use kernel managers (like rom manager) to download kernels.

I hear drod is great. I wanna get that kernel with dasbamf rom. I know dasbamf is in rom manager...but what about kernels

you will have to find a thread here or xda or another similar site. and install it manually. you could also download the zip and use rom manager to "Install Zip From SDCard"