[KERNEL][4.5.2011][2.6.32.21] Kernels from Adrynalyne

Reaction score
Correct, just put the Zip on your SD Card and choose Install from SD Card and select it. I highly recommending wipe before installing.

I didn't wipe and had no issues.

I am not noticing any vast improvements in battery life even with this kernel and SetCPU Screen off profile.

tu3218

Reaction score
I notice 4.1a is undervolted as well as 4.1b. But they state that 4.1b may not work as well on all devices. Is that because your overclocking? I want to have an undervolted kernel for battery life but would also like to overclock. Is this the reason for this?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I notice 4.1a is undervolted as well as 4.1b. But they state that 4.1b may not work as well on all devices. Is that because your overclocking? I want to have an undervolted kernel for battery life but would also like to overclock. Is this the reason for this?

Exactly, 4.1A is undervolted but has the stock 1.0Ghz clock speed.

4.1B is undervolted up to 1.0Ghz AND goes to 1.4Ghz but with some aggressive undervolting. Not all phones can handle this. Many people will need to use C.

4.1C is undervolted up to 1.0Ghz AND goes to 1.4Ghz but with overvolting so you don't get reboots. If you can't use B use this.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
i don't know why, but i'm having GPS issues with Adrynalyne's kernels. google maps seems to work fine, although with a slight pause before it locks on, other apps that try to use gps never seem to lock on. once I restored my TB to the stock kernel, the gps started working great again.

Yeah, I was having the same problem. The solution that worked for me was - plug in your phone to the wall, put it on map, and let it sit there for 5-10 mins and it will EVENTUALLY get the GPS signal and the next time you get it, it will be instant.

However, the latest kernels, 4.1 and 4.2, I believe, have a GPS fix and it's almost instant. Either way, I've been told that the first GPS fix usually takes quite a bit of time (this was true for me for my Droid 1 every time I flashed a new rom).

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Looks like we have the 4.2 Kernels up! Adrynalyne put up a new thread at XDA - [KERNEL][4.8.2011][2.6.32.21] Kernels from Adrynalyne - xda-developers

Kernel 4.2A - http://adrynalyne.grdlock.net/bamf/kernels/bamf_4.2a.zip
Kernel 4.2B - http://adrynalyne.grdlock.net/bamf/kernels/bamf_4.2b.zip
Kernel 4.3C - http://adrynalyne.grdlock.net/bamf/kernels/bamf_4.2c.zip

Changes: "
TinyRCU (4.2+)
Changes to wifi power management (4.2+)
Backport of 2.6.39rc2 ondemand governor (4.2+)--Thansk Imoseyon
CIFS(4.2+)"

tu3218

Reaction score
4.1a has been running great for me but seema if I have a screen off profile on(245mhz), when I turn my screen on, unlock, an like the first couple seconds my phone lags. It seems it doesn't come back to 1ghz till after those couple seconds. Anyone experience this or know a fix?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
4.1a has been running great for me but seema if I have a screen off profile on(245mhz), when I turn my screen on, unlock, an like the first couple seconds my phone lags. It seems it doesn't come back to 1ghz till after those couple seconds. Anyone experience this or know a fix?

I'm under the impression that the kernel does this automatically so if you have a profile set for screen off, it can conflict with the kernel thus causing what I've seen users like you say. Now, I've asked this several times on XDA and never got any answers but that's my theory.

I've never had a screen off profile and I have no lag. In SetCPU I just set the MAIN screen to max overclock and the governor to Smartass. No lag when I startup.

tu3218

Reaction score
Oh okay yeah, I heard the same thing over at xda about it being built in. That's probably the problem like you said an the reason why I'm experiencing the lag. When I disable the profile it goes back to no lag.

Another question I have is I want to try 4.2b, but not sure if my phone will be able to handle it. Should I just put both b and c on my phone an if my phone doesn't boot, just boot into CW an flash version C.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Another question I have is I want to try 4.2b, but not sure if my phone will be able to handle it. Should I just put both b and c on my phone an if my phone doesn't boot, just boot into CW an flash version C.

You got it. That's what I do. Always have more than one kernel so if it doesn't boot, just go back into CW and flash the other kernel. I personally just put all 3 on cuz I can never stay with one for too long. lol.

tu3218

Reaction score

You got it. That's what I do. Always have more than one kernel so if it doesn't boot, just go back into CW and flash the other kernel. I personally just put all 3 on cuz I can never stay with one for too long. lol.

Okay sounds good. The thought of my phone not booting up always scares me lol. Kinda why I avoided it on my Droid but figured it's worth a shot if the increase speed makes a difference an good battery life is still possible.