Which calendar do you recommend?

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Do most Android users use the stock google calendar app that comes with the phone, or is there a great 3rd party app that you recommend?

I come from the Palm and BB world, am a longtime DateBk user, and am used to great calendar apps. If the phone app is similar to the online google calendar then it seems pretty basic.

Ill be upgrading from my BB Storm to the Droid X soon and would love to hear some advice about which calendar application is recommended.

Also, do the 3rd party PIM's use the google calendar data, or is it a completely separate database?

Thanks!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There are several apps out there for calendar & calendar widgets. Most will sync with Google but have the option to be stand alone as well. I am currently using Jorte which is a nice layout, syncs with Google but can also be a stand alone & has a widget I can place on a home screen. It is similar to a day planner in the layout. Many of the apps are free so play around & if you do find one that is not free you do have the option to uninstall & request a refund in the first 24 hours.

Sent from my Droid

dtboos

Reaction score
There are several apps out there for calendar & calendar widgets. Most will sync with Google but have the option to be stand alone as well. I am currently using Jorte which is a nice layout, syncs with Google but can also be a stand alone & has a widget I can place on a home screen. It is similar to a day planner in the layout. Many of the apps are free so play around & if you do find one that is not free you do have the option to uninstall & request a refund in the first 24 hours.

Sent from my Droid

I also recommend Jorte

OP
W

wmscottmc

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

I also recommend Jorte

Ive done a little research on Jorte and it looks like it doesnt allow recurring appts which is a pretty basic PIM function. Is this true? Does Jorte install as a stand alone app, or does it sit on top of the google calendar, using the google cal database, as just a different view of the same data? Does it allow you to view tasks/todo lists along with the calendar appts?

thanks.

dtboos

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

I also recommend Jorte

Ive done a little research on Jorte and it looks like it doesnt allow recurring appts which is a pretty basic PIM function. Is this true? Does Jorte install as a stand alone app, or does it sit on top of the google calendar, using the google cal database, as just a different view of the same data? Does it allow you to view tasks/todo lists along with the calendar appts?

thanks.

Yes its a standalone app. You can have it separate, or sync the Google Calendar. It has a nice task/todo list with options on how to display it. As far as recurring appointments, if you start a new calendar event and open details, you can select from one time, daily, every weekday (m-f), weekely on the day selected, monthly on the day selected(first wed/fri/whatever), monthly on the date (4th, 5th ect) selected, or yearly. Also has a nice reminder function if you like those.

:greendroid: