Where -O- Where Did "MY LOCATION" Go?

tahoe54

Reaction score
When I touch Google Maps, then touch menu, I cannot find icon which used to show "My Location". It only shows Search, Directions, Starred Places, Latitude and More. Used to have it, but,,,,, it's gone? While in Google Map, I used to be able to click on My location and it would show me "my location". Thx :icon_eek:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's the button at the top right of the screen. Right of the search bar.

Last edited:
OP
tahoe54

tahoe54

Reaction score
Doesnt Work

Sorry, that doesn't do it. Bottom line, the Droid doesn't know where it is. Same with weather, can see the town I am in.

ttocsm

Reaction score
If you are on the newest release of Maps, then it is "the button at the top right of the screen. Right of the search bar."

If I click on it, in shows that I'm right here. :)

The button to the Left of it is Layers, and the next one to the left of that is places.
Here,, watch this.. [video=youtube;unAapajqgQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unAapajqgQ8[/video]
I like the new Maps alot so far.

Last edited:
OP
tahoe54

tahoe54

Reaction score
Still no Luck

Thanks so much for your help, but still, no go. I have had this work before, and I do press the correct icon (my location) but somethings not right. It shows a town I was a few days ago and simply won't update to "my location". Also, I cannot change the default location to anything other than Mountain View, CA. Version 4.0.7.

OP
tahoe54

tahoe54

Reaction score
Got it!

I uninstalled and reinstalled and that did it. Thanks for your help anyways, you guys are awesome. BM:heart:

rofjamDroid

Reaction score
I downloaded clockwork recovery to boot to recovery and installed the gingerbread keyboard, i also did a backup as well. i have been trying to reboot but I'm now stuck on the Moto logo. i have pulled the battery several times but it takes me back to the recovery screen......help please anyone