where did I go wrong with Tranquility

amb7247

Reaction score
I did a wipe data/cache, installed in clockworkrecovery from the zip file. On reboot it got stuck at the tranquility logo. Then I took battery out and restarted ok loading animation screen. Doh, now it can't load multitouch keyboard.latin or italian I can't remember. So so this keeps popping up. Switched to swype ok no more multitouch error popping up. Then I try to install apps, when installing phone restarts itself. Hard lock on tranquility. Again removing battery and then it boots into itself. Still has the problem of installing apps then automatic restart of phone. Eventually I played and did a data wipe where I had to hit the first button like 100 times to wipe the data. Still bootted into tranquilty. Now I was able to install apps but it still wasn't right. Eventually was able to get it to boot into clockworkrecovery and restored a recover apex installation. Then replaced the start up logo with the default moto from an update.zip file. I'm now on rubix which installed perfectly.

Begs the question, where did I go wrong with Tranquility?

dispatch1054

Reaction score
Hey there! Im not quite sure what exactly went wrong, but I think team black hat recommends that you sbf back to stock before flashing TranQuility, rather than just a data wipe. There are a whole mess of problems otherwise, as you can see. Im glad you managed to get out of it though :).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did a wipe data/cache, installed in clockworkrecovery from the zip file. On reboot it got stuck at the tranquility logo. Then I took battery out and restarted ok loading animation screen. Doh, now it can't load multitouch keyboard.latin or italian I can't remember. So so this keeps popping up. Switched to swype ok no more multitouch error popping up. Then I try to install apps, when installing phone restarts itself. Hard lock on tranquility. Again removing battery and then it boots into itself. Still has the problem of installing apps then automatic restart of phone. Eventually I played and did a data wipe where I had to hit the first button like 100 times to wipe the data. Still bootted into tranquilty. Now I was able to install apps but it still wasn't right. Eventually was able to get it to boot into clockworkrecovery and restored a recover apex installation. Then replaced the start up logo with the default moto from an update.zip file. I'm now on rubix which installed perfectly.

Begs the question, where did I go wrong with Tranquility?

same problem with me a few days ago. wiped data in stock recovery then installed bootstrap to be able to restore a backup.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Tranquility is not a rom that can just be flashed like other Roms.

I had all the same issues you had and this is how I got it to work. When you load it switch to swype so you have a keyboard. Then sign in and immediately go in and do a factory reset. The rom will then be perfect with the exception of the keyboard. Use swype until you load the new Gingerbread keyboard, or keyboard of your choice.

Trust me this will work! Its a bit of hassle but Tranquility is a decent rom when you get it running!

Recap... load the rom like any, then quickly do a factory reset, Bingo!

P.S. A factory reset merely loads a clean version of whatever rom you are currently running. Its not a return to stock like some would think. Many people don't realize this.

Fate0n3

Reaction score
It is highly recommended to SBF the phone back to stock when coming from any other rom then Stock or Tranq. The rom needs a nice fresh base when installing. I would try using the .340 system SBF and then install Tranq.

You are exactly right MrKleen about the PS. Most do not realize that.

MrKleen

Reaction score
It is highly recommended to SBF the phone back to stock when coming from any other rom then Stock or Tranq. The rom needs a nice fresh base when installing. I would try using the .340 system SBF and then install Tranq.

You are exactly right MrKleen about the PS. Most do not realize that.

Skip that hard work and do it the way I suggested above. Same end result!