Tranquility - Everyone Must Realize....

luv2increase

Reaction score
I have been running just the regular 'ole leaked, rooted 2.2 for what seems like awhile now. I have been hesitant to install any themes due to not having the energy to go through the whole deodexing procedure. Low and behond, last night I decided to get 'er done and over with.

I went straight to the Tranquility ROM because I noticed a few BIG ADVANTAGES:

1. Will Deodex your phone for you automatically!
2. You don't need to wipe data/cache!!!

As far as I know, the FlyX ROM by Birdman still requires the user to wipe data/cache... This is such a downer because:

1. You have to reinstall all the apps again via Titanium Backup or equivalent. 2. You have to type in your google username and password all over again at first startup of phone after ROM installation
3. I use K9Mail with about 9 username and passwords for leisure and business purposes, and it is a pain in my behind to set all accounts up over again

So, the point of this thread is to let everyone know that you don't need to wipe your data/cache or deodex your phone before installing the Tranquility ROM!!!

I don't know of any other ROM where these advantages are present other than p3Droid's Tranquility ROM. If someone knows, please inform me and everyone else here.

I installed the Deodex 2.2 version of Droid928 black glass theme right after installing p3Droid's Tranquility ROM last night! They both work PHENOMENAL together, and I haven't had any problems whatsoever with anything!

If you want the best real-world phone performance with the best looking theme AT THIS TIME, you want to install Tranquility and Droid928 black glass!

ENJOY! :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

hacku

Reaction score
Wiping data/cache when installing a ROM is not required, but it's always suggested just to start out fresh. ;)

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score
It says on the FlyX to wipe data/cache. On p3Droid's instructions for Tranquility, he explicitly stated not to wipe data/cache.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hacku

Reaction score
OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score
It says on the FlyX to wipe data/cache. On p3Droid's instructions for Tranquility, he explicitly stated not to wipe data/cache.

i never wiped data when i installed flyx

Wiping data/cache when installing a ROM is not required, but it's always suggested just to start out fresh. ;)

Maybe the FlyX ROM installation should be updated to let ppl know u don't have to wipe data/cache. Think how many hundreds of ppl have either:
A) been steered clear from even installing it due to that or
B) wasted a lot of time and energy into wiping their data/cache when they didn't even need to

That is not cool :(

jaredb03

Reaction score
I don't care for whatever version of the music player is on tranquility, and i was wondering if it can be changed? The 2.2 stock one had the lock screen controls which i really liked.

humungus

Reaction score
I don't care for whatever version of the music player is on tranquility, and i was wondering if it can be changed? The 2.2 stock one had the lock screen controls which i really liked.

Yep. Just put the old music.apk into /system/apps, chmod 664, delete tranquility music.apk (musicgoogle.apk or something like that), and restart.

Eolly

Reaction score
When I installed the beta fly x it said it was suggested not required.

I think you have been mislead.

OP
L

luv2increase

Reaction score

jaredb03

Reaction score

Yep. Just put the old music.apk into /system/apps, chmod 664, delete tranquility music.apk (musicgoogle.apk or something like that), and restart.

any idea where i can get it?
also how do you delete the music cache? I ask because it has a couple of my cd's listed as unknown artist and i updated the id tags and it is still in unknown artist. if its not the cache what do i need to do? thanks.

reasonthis

Reaction score
so... my problem..

been playing around with new roms lately, and i'm comfortable with tranquility.

now, my problem... the time came for me to share an audio file with a friend, and noticed that text messaging is no longer an option after selecting 'share' on the file.......

how can i bring back this easy sharing option??
thx