Where can you buy authentic smartphone batteries?!?!?!

formerfatboys

Reaction score
It used to be that you could just go on Amazon and order a batter that was OEM and get a new battery cheaper than, say, Verizon would charge you.

Now, it's just scammers selling bad, old batteries. Every review is one star and yet these guys continue to operate.

I'm doubtful of eBay. So...where the heck can you get batteries besides a Verizon store?

Looking for a Galaxy S3 battery, but I remember this problem with my last phone too.

See this: Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S3 2100 mAh Battery: Cell Phones & Accessories

Alextodd

Reaction score
Hi! There are hundreds of E-stores online that sell authentic and new S4 batteries. Just visit a few and check e-store reviews, and buy from the one that you think is best. You really can't trust people on Amazon or eBay these days, as you will never know what they are selling.

Mattthew

Reaction score
You can find many online stores selling the original Galaxy S3 battery, such as here

wcjeep

Reaction score
I've bought my spare batteries from Verizon in the past. Never worry about exploding defects. The fail rate on authentic batteries is very low.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The best place to get authentic batteries is to get them from your phone maker's company. There you will know it's authentic.

I recently have been on the search of a new battery for my s4 as a backup. Legit OEMs were hard to find and just too expensive so I went to a third party, ravpower. So far very happy with it and it supposedly has a higher capacity while keeping the same physical dimensions. I'd say take a look at some 3rd party battery makers, there really are some quality trusted brands out there. Most of the time their customer service is hassle-free as well.