Extra Battery for your S3 with NFC

JRParsons

Reaction score
I agree, the reviews are suspicious, but I bought them anyway. I'm not sure I will ever use NFC, but I'll try it out and let you know if they work, and how long they last.

mkstn

Reaction score
I am positive that I would never use NFC. All I want is a good strong battery that last all day.

Smeech

Reaction score
I received mine today. First thing to note, it says 3.7v vs. Samsung OEM 3.8v. No mah printed on the battery. Ill cycle it twice then do a side by side comparison from 100% ....my g/f's phone vs. Mine, streaming the same long YouTube video over 4g for 15-20 minutes.

Smeech

Reaction score
Hmm, using the app "Disp Battery Information", my phone with the qCell is reading 3.55v on average. My g/f's phone is reading 3.88v.

Both phones are setup the same and have everything off except data (4G).

Edit...so the phone was running hot and air couldn't get a 4g signal even thtough the other phone was steady 4g. I even cycled mobile data a couple times. The battery temp was actually OK... I might try the other battery...but I'll probably return them. Might be all in my head though...

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just received them, will put them through the paces, results in a couple of days, everything good so far, voltage seems to be the same as stock Samsung battery.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Just received them, will put them through the paces, results in a couple of days, everything good so far, voltage seems to be the same as stock Samsung battery.

Looking forward to finding out how they work for you.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far it looks like these batteries are the real deal, slightly outperforming the Samsung OEM battery, played a 3.5 hrs movie yesterday with max brightness settings and it only used 40% of the battery, as I am typing this message, the battery was charged to max, has been off the charger for ten minutes already with screen on max and it's still at 100%. Could not be happier.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say don't buy it if you don't want to. Go for the OEM battery and be safe. I just don't understand tearing down a post for a product the you know nothing about.
Do you actually think that Samsung makes the battery, they use outside vendors "manufacturing" just like the aftermarket battery vedors, all Samsung does is slap their sticker on them and charge you double if not more for same type of battery, if you think otherwise, Samsung, HTC, LG, or any other big name company have really pulled the wool over your eyes. It's a battery that's all it is, Samsung do not manufacture their own batteries, neither does HTC, LG, Sony, and the like.

mkstn

Reaction score
Ditto that.... totally true. Tat said there are different quality batteries out there. The key is trying to find the good ones and not just the cheepest ones.

cadarn

Reaction score
Decided to pick up a set and try since I have amazon prime.
So the charger works with my samsung battery taken out of the phone, and charges the original battery in the phone via usb. Same for the qcell batteries.
Doesn't come with a usb cord, but you can get one for a couple bucks if you need it.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My final conclusion is that these batteries are worth every penny. Now I have 4600mAh of additional power when I need it. Good thing I did not go and overpay for another OEM Samsung extra battery.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
My final conclusion is that these batteries are worth every penny. Now I have 4600mAh of additional power when I need it. Good thing I did not go and overpay for another OEM Samsung extra battery.

Thanks for the updates. While I'd prefer a high quality extended battery to have along with the standard battery instead of more standard batteries, I may pick up a set of these to hold me over. I'm needing to recharge by mid afternoon everyday, so I need something.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Thanks for the updates. While I'd prefer a high quality extended battery to have along with the standard battery instead of more standard batteries, I may pick up a set of these to hold me over. I'm needing to recharge by mid afternoon everyday, so I need something.

I myself am done with extended batteries, all they do is add bulk to the phone, I like the slim and lightweight design of my S3, plus I can keep my current case and holster, for me it's a no brainer, just pop open the back remove battery and insert new one, done.