Extra Battery for your S3 with NFC

zacedward

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
Mine will be here Monday, there are 15 reviews currently on Amazon, and each one gave it 5 stars, thats something you rarely see with batteries Once my order arrives, will give it a good workout.

Great will u post how it did when u get it thanks so much

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm surprised to see such good reviews for a third-party battery, especially with several of them noting that it lasts as long as the OEM battery. Generally, the mAh on third-party batteries is quite exaggerated. I'll be curious to see some real world reviews from some folks here. It's definitely a great deal that I'll be jumping on if they're really as good as the Amazon reviews state.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I just bought it, I'll give an honest opinion after a couple of days use. $30.xx for two batteries and a charger (including shipping) even if they give me an extra 6 hours, they will help on those days when I leave my house at 5am and return at midnight on a motorcycle.

mkstn

Reaction score
NFC / WTF

Near field communication (NFC) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish radio communication with each other by touching them together or bringing them into close proximity, usually no more than a few centimetres. Present and anticipated applications include contactless transactions, data exchange, and simplified setup of more complex communications such as Wi-Fi.[SUP][1][/SUP] Communication is also possible between an NFC device and an unpowered NFC chip, called a "tag".[SUP][2][/SUP]

JRParsons

Reaction score
I bought the batteries but haven't received them yet. I am using the shell/holster combo in the op. The price was right but I had to modify it slightly. The stock usb cord that came with the S3 is fairly thick where it plugs into the phone. If you plug the phone in while in the holster there is a lot of pressure on the side of the cord. It seems like it would cause premature wear in the usb port. I used a pair of tin snips and widened the spot around the usb port. Now it works well, and with shipping was at least $20 cheaper than the one at the Verizon store. To the OP thanks for the info.

cadarn

Reaction score
I'm guessing nobody has received the batteries yet since you just ordered. Would be great to see confirmation that they really have NFC, and charge in the phone. All the reviews on amazon are fake by the way, they haven't reviewed anything else.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm guessing nobody has received the batteries yet since you just ordered. Would be great to see confirmation that they really have NFC, and charge in the phone. All the reviews on amazon are fake by the way, they haven't reviewed anything else.

Two of them have more than one review (one of which has two pages of reviews), but it's definitely extremely strange that a third-party battery has garnered 20 five-star reviews over the course of just ten days (the earliest review is dated July 10, 2012), and 18 of the reviews come from first time reviewers. Even with products of this type from a well-known company, you normally don't see that many reviews this quickly. In looking through their other batteries listed on Amazon, the reviews seems to be positive overall, but with far more variation in the individual star ratings. Personally, I've yet to find a third-party battery that lives up to the quoted mAh rating, but I'll still be interested to see how these fare with those who have ordered them around here.

mkstn

Reaction score

I do not agree with your last statement. I make a lot of purchases on Amazon and will post a review on most of them. I would say that MOST reviews are honest. But you can certainly have your own opinion. As for this battery I doubt it is as good as OEM but if it is a decent battery it is a good deal at almost half the price.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I do not agree with your last statement. I make a lot of purchases on Amazon and will post a review on most of them. I would say that MOST reviews are honest. But you can certainly have your own opinion. As for this battery I doubt it is as good as OEM but if it is a decent battery it is a good deal at almost half the price.

I think cadarn was saying that he suspects that all of the reviews for this specific set of batteries are fake, not that all reviews on Amazon are fake.

Like I already said, while I can't really say whether they are or aren't legitimate, things do look a little questionable on the reviews for this set of batteries. 20 five-star reviews in ten days for a third-party battery, and 18 of those reviews are from first time reviewers. That's not something you typically see on Amazon with this type of product.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
And lets say the batteries are only 2100 mAh, does that make them bad, really, for the money, you can't go wrong. And I just love all this detective work, looks like in this court of law all suspects are guilty before proven innocent, LOL.:icon_ devil:

On a side note, I have bought hundreds of items on Amazon, and have done maybe two reviews on products on Amazon, does that make me a fake, LOL.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

cadarn

Reaction score

bsweetness is right. I've left many reviews on amazon myself over the years. However for this particular item at least 18 of the reviewers have not reviewed any other products. This is very suspect for an off brand product in such a short time.
Regardless, once anyone here confirms that the NFC actually works I'll be picking up a set! It's true that these off brands don't always hold as much charge, but that's not a big deal for the price.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well here is the companies website, head over and ask them, I will be putting them through their paces once I receive them, how bad can they be, at least it's not some eBay "2 for $10 with charger:biggrin:, and you should have it in a month, as we are currently putting it together:blink:" Chinese brand that was build in some shack with no company to back it up, not saying these were not build in some Chinese shack:biggrin:, Qcell | Accessories

mkstn

Reaction score
I say don't buy it if you don't want to. Go for the OEM battery and be safe. I just don't understand tearing down a post for a product the you know nothing about.

cadarn

Reaction score
I say don't buy it if you don't want to. Go for the OEM battery and be safe. I just don't understand tearing down a post for a product the you know nothing about.

Nobody's tearing down any posts, it's just common sense to wait for a review from those here who have already ordered and said they will report on it, and then we avoid the hassle of returning an item.