Extra Battery for your S3 with NFC

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just ordered this package from Amazon, not bad for two S3 batteries with NFC capabilities, with good reviews, no extended battery for me, I like to keep the slim design and my original case for my S3:

Amazon.com: QCell 2x Samsung Galaxy SIII 2300mAh Battery + Free Universal Battery Charger w/ USB output power port (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung L710, Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung I535, T-mobile Sa

My case holster combo, which is fantastic, it's now $2 cheaper than what I payed for it:

Amazon.com: Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 with Kick-Stand (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
What does what do, it's a battery, it provides power to your device, NFC stands for Near Field Communication.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
What does an NFC battery do that mine cannot do?????
What do you mean, be a bit more clear, and what phone are you talking about, as I see under Phone you have a Droid Bionic. Now if you don't know what NFC is and what it does, use Google.

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I know about NFC technology and some of its applications, its a really cool feature. I also know about the extended battery, because I'm using one as I type. How do the two end up on the same page?? Is there some kind of NFC battery charger??

mkstn

Reaction score
I am confused about the NFC feature on the battery too. Original post never did explain what that is all about???

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
NFC is build into the original Samsungs galaxy S3 battery, at this moment the only battery that you can purchase with NFC capabilities is the Samsung one, and the one I posted a link to above. NFC capabilities on the S3 are build into the battery not the phone. By the way, the post is about an extra battery for your S3, thats all, if you did not understand the post, then that is on you. In the end why not get a battery that will keep the "same functions and features NFC" of your S3 at a fraction of the cost of an OEM Samsung extra battery, here you get 2 batteries at 2300mAh with an external charger for less than what it would cost you to purchase one 2100mAh Samsung battery. What is so confusing about my post, this is not a post about NFC, it's about an extra battery that has NFC build into it so as the functions of your S3 will remain the same. WOW.:blink:

mkstn

Reaction score
I think that people are wanting to know what NFC does? What are the benefits of having NFC on the battery. You seem to be knowledgeable about NFC. Can you share your thoughts on the subject. I have the battery in my Amazon basket for purchase.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I think that people are wanting to know what NFC does? What are the benefits of having NFC on the battery. You seem to be knowledgeable about NFC. Can you share your thoughts on the subject. I have the battery in my Amazon basket for purchase.

NFC = Near field communication

With the S3, NFC is built into the battery. Your stock battery has NFC. There are no specific benefits to having it in the battery versus in the device as far as I know. Samsung, for one reason or another, decided to put it in the battery. So, if you want to buy a spare/extended battery and keep NFC functionality with the S3, you have to make sure the battery supports it. This isn't the same for every phone out there though. Some have NFC build into the phone, and some do not support NFC at all.

zacedward

Reaction score
huskur said:
Just ordered the same as you cybertec69

Have you guys recived them yet i would like to know a review on them before i buy thanks

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
zacedward said:
Have you guys recived them yet i would like to know a review on them before i buy thanks

Mine will be here Monday, there are 15 reviews currently on Amazon, and each one gave it 5 stars, thats something you rarely see with batteries. Once my order arrives, I will give this battery a good workout.