Where can I find stock notification sounds?

nateccnn

Reaction score
After I installed the 4.0.4 update opn my phone I lost the stoick sounds. They have been replaced with a new set of stock sounds. My favorite that I used for when my GF texts me was "Doink" and it is not included. Where can I find those stock sounds that were available with the GNex 4.0.3 stock?

Or...maybe it was the sounds that were part of the Gummy Nexus rom. I was using that before flashing the 4.0.4 update. But I thought I was using the Doink sound before I put Gummy Nex on the phone. Maybe not.

It's all so confusing. LOL

Nate

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
After I installed the 4.0.4 update opn my phone I lost the stoick sounds. They have been replaced with a new set of stock sounds. My favorite that I used for when my GF texts me was "Doink" and it is not included. Where can I find those stock sounds that were available with the GNex 4.0.3 stock?

Or...maybe it was the sounds that were part of the Gummy Nexus rom. I was using that before flashing the 4.0.4 update. But I thought I was using the Doink sound before I put Gummy Nex on the phone. Maybe not.

It's all so confusing. LOL

Nate

Do you still have the Gummy ROM? If not, download it, then unzip it on your desktop. You'll find all of your notification sounds here: /system/media/audio/notifications. Go into notifications and copy them onto your Nexus on the sd card, in a folder named "Notifications." You may need to reboot before these will show up in the list of notifications.