Gnex 4.0.3? 4.0.4?

baldybill

Reaction score
Sorry if there's already a post with this question
if there is, please point me to it.

I see that some roms are starting to use a 4.0.3 version of Android and there's now a rumor of a 4.0.4.
Where can I / how can I get these updates while remaining stock?
(I'm rooted, but stock)

Snow02

Reaction score
If there was an official update it would have been pushed to your phone already. So wait it out, or flash a rom.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
4.0.3 is only available on ROMs right now. I haven't heard any rumors of 4.0.4 and probably wouldn't really believe them as 4.0.3 hasn't even officially been released. Unless they're skipping it for 4.0.4

prowler85

Reaction score
If 4.0.4 was even in testing we'd know about it, as it would have been posted on aosp site. Doesn't mean they aren't working on it. Just means it hasn't been released to Dev's yet. And since 4.0.3 hasn't been "released" to the general public yet, but is available to Dev's, I doubt we'll see 4.0.4 available until 4.0.3 is let free. And as Dezymond said, there's no way to get it and stay stock until it is released. You'd have to flash a ROM (which means you'd no longer be stock).

sb1831

Reaction score
4.0.4 is probably the WiMax specific build for the Nexus S as I believe it is the last nexus device to get the official ICS update. well at least in the US

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you believe p3droid (I do) he has 4.0.4 on his GN. He has had it a while and it has new radios also. He said he would release something if he got 10k followers on twitter but who knows if he will.

jerroedr

Reaction score
what the heck? why release it if 10k followers? why not just do it? im still on 4.0.2 and missing some of the features from CM7 on the OG. Odd. Winner I know your biased, but how is your kang of the nonexsistent cm9 and why isnt there a cm9?

captdroid

Reaction score
what the heck? why release it if 10k followers? why not just do it? im still on 4.0.2 and missing some of the features from CM7 on the OG. Odd. Winner I know your biased, but how is your kang of the nonexsistent cm9 and why isnt there a cm9?

+1 10char

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
He would have just released if he didn't have all of the people complaining and hating on him. TeamBlackHat stopped releasing leaks after that.

I haven't tried any other roms except rootzboat when 4.0.3 first came out. To me its fast, stable, and has good battery life with Franco's latest kernel. Its built from the latest CM9 source with a few things pulled from gerrit. Pretty much just like my CM7 builds. The reason why CM9 isn't officially released yet is because there buildbot is down. When there buildbot comes back up it will start building CM9 nightlies for the phones that support it. One thing I think CM9 has over any other rom is that anyone can submit code through there gerrit review. There is always a ton of minor fixes and improvements that no other rom has unless its based of CM9.

I would recommend flashing a 4.0.3 rom. Its a lot smoother then 4.0.2. Not saying you have to flash mine but at least flash a 4.0.3 rom.

Last edited:

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
If people didn't hate and complain on p3 so much we would still be enjoying leaks - such as 4.0.4.

Thank some members of our community.

jerroedr

Reaction score
He would have just released if he didn't have all of the people complaining and hating on him. TeamBlackHat stopped releasing leaks after that.

I haven't tried any other roms except rootzboat when 4.0.3 first came out. To me its fast, stable, and has good battery life with Franco's latest kernel. Its built from the latest CM9 source with a few things pulled from gerrit. Pretty much just like my CM7 builds. The reason why CM9 isn't officially released yet is because there buildbot is down. When there buildbot comes back up it will start building CM9 nightlies for the phones that support it. One thing I think CM9 has over any other rom is that anyone can submit code through there gerrit review. There is always a ton of minor fixes and improvements that no other rom has unless its based of CM9.

I would recommend flashing a 4.0.3 rom. Its a lot smoother then 4.0.2. Not saying you have to flash mine but at least flash a 4.0.3 rom.
I did not know there would be haters. why would people hate for him doing a favor? If I do flash one Id probably flash yours. Im almost content with stock, but I dont really know what else is out there and i dont have as much time as i once did

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I did not know there would be haters. why would people hate for him doing a favor? If I do flash one Id probably flash yours. Im almost content with stock, but I dont really know what else is out there and i dont have as much time as i once did

if it exists, there are haters.

prowler85

Reaction score
if it exists, there are haters.

Sorry, but stating he will release when he gets 10k followers is, well, a little egotistical. And though I do believe your statement, some just have a habit of doing or saying things that bring out the haters. Others, not so much. And from what I've seen, p3 does/says things that tend to bring out the haters.

Personally, I exist, and don't recall ever being hated on. But I'm an extra nice guy and do what I can to help and get along. :saint:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry, but stating he will release when he gets 10k followers is, well, a little egotistical. And though I do believe your statement, some just have a habit of doing or saying things that bring out the haters. Others, not so much. And from what I've seen, p3 does/says things that tend to bring out the haters.

Personally, I exist, and don't recall ever being hated on. But I'm an extra nice guy and do what I can to help and get along. :saint:

Hahaha. Yeah I'm not very familiar with the whole P3 situation, but usually as a developer there are haters. Comes with the territory. I personally love the fact that there are developers that share their work with us even though I admit to not trying many, but the fact is their kind gesture is something taken for granted. Especially from that developer who made the Axi0m ROM, I didn't try his work, but I know he left the community on a sour note due to false accusations.

Hater or not, these developers work hard to put out quality ROMs. Many go unappreciated and it's quite disappointing. That's my .02