Where are you guys getting the Docks?

DaHarder

Reaction score
Question how do you get that sort of display to come up on the droid? Do you need the multi-media dock?

One can simulate the Home Dock display with DockRunner from the App Market.

Happy DROIDing​

mr.deux

Reaction score
for those that want a case and beable to use the dock, have you thought about the invisable shield full body from zagg?

nite 0wl

Reaction score
Question how do you get that sort of display to come up on the droid? Do you need the multi-media dock?

Technically yes. However there is an app called DockRunner that is available in the market or you can use a refrigerator magnet placed on the back of the phone (polarity is important here as one activates the Car mode and the other activates the media dock mode).

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just checked the Verizon Wireless online store and the Media Dock seems to be in stock. Get them while they are hot.

mitchb2

Reaction score
They didn't honor the overnight shipping for me, but oh well.

dmscpu

Reaction score
Available

The docs are at Verizon Wireless now and acc20 will get you a 205 discount.

Dockrunner in the Market is a viable option, check it out..

scoast

Reaction score
Well I ordered a dock from android central before I read this forum... It looks like it will be pretty good, though not available until the end of this month.

The Motorola Multimedia Desktop Charger turns your Motorola Droid into a multimedia experience and doubles as a charger!

This Desktop Charger displays photo and movies, play music, shows weather and time, and works as an alarm clock. It also syncs your media to your PC via USB Cable (included).
Features:
  • Sync Data
  • Charge your Motorola Droid while docked
  • Play Music
  • Watch Movies
  • USB Cable Included
    6182.jpg

mitchb2

Reaction score
It's snazzy looking. I'm already impressed with the build quality of the Droid.

My dock just left Memphis. :)

freshtodeath213

Reaction score
I'm going to order it on the VZW website. I get a corporate 25% discount. I have to wait a little bit though. I think my credit card is on fire with all my purchases lately!