Where are images stored other than on SD Card?

jeekdog

Reaction score
I have two folders of images NOT taken with the phone camera (I must have loaded from my computer but it was a while ago so I don't remember the details about that) But they are not stored in the sd card. I know this because I mount the card to my computer, search the sd card and the folders/files are not there.

Futhermore, with the card mounted to the computer, I open the gallery app and all the images/folders on the sd card are not shown because the card is not being read. But the two mysterious folders/images are displayed and viewable from the gallery. I select an image, go to MENU>MORE>DETAILS and see "location:unknown". Where are these stored? How do I move them to the SD card?

Reaction score
I use Astro...it's a file manager.

When I mount to the computer, I can't access my gallery cause the card is in use by the comp and won't allow me to view.

Try your Android folder...but don't quote me.

OP
J

jeekdog

Reaction score
I have been doing a search of the phone's root directory

I used Estrongs file manager to search,but it seems buggy, didn't work. I downloaded ASTRO and that searched but did not locate any image files, jpg, etc in the root dirctory, nor did it find the specific files in the sd card.

In the gallery, other images you have the option of deleting, these don't give you the delete button. I can't even get rid of them! They're like phantoms haunting me.

Something occurs to me: This is a new phone, replacing a warranty return unit, so, how did they get on this new phone except if they are related to the sd card? Could they have been "synched" somehow from a remote server? Picasa? I haven't looked at picasa in years. Hmmmm. . . .

UPDATE: It is Picasa! Another mystery solved.

Last edited:

Deuel

Reaction score
Good catch on finding that Picasa is synching images!

If you want to connect to your computer and still access files on the SD card from your phone, check the the market for SD Share. It's a widget that will allow you to see and access files simultaneously on the phone and computer.

OP
J

jeekdog

Reaction score
Good catch on finding that Picasa is synching images!

If you want to connect to your computer and still access files on the SD card from your phone, check the the market for SD Share. It's a widget that will allow you to see and access files simultaneously on the phone and computer.

Thanks, I would like that app, but market search doesn't turn it up.