How Do I Move Pictures from Camera to SD Card?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't seem to be able to figure this out. I have several new pictures I've taken in my camera and I want to move them to the images folder in my SD card. There doesn't seem to be an option to move these photos. When I plug my phone into my computer all I see is the SD card. What am I missing? Can someone explain? Thanks in advance. I'm using Astro File Manager if that's any help.

GSteagall

Reaction score
1. Navigate to your DCIM folder and select Camera in the Astro File Manager.
2. Select "Multi" at the top to select multiple pictures at a time.
3. After selecting, press "Edit" at the top, and select "Move". It should say "Moving files" at the top.
4. Navigate to the folder of your choice.
5. Select "Edit" and "Paste" to drop them in the new folder.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Navigate to your DCIM folder and select Camera in the Astro File Manager.
2. Select "Multi" at the top to select multiple pictures at a time.
3. After selecting, press "Edit" at the top, and select "Move". It should say "Moving files" at the top.
4. Navigate to the folder of your choice.
5. Select "Edit" and "Paste" to drop them in the new folder.

Thank you. This worked. The only difficulty I had was "selecting" the images, I kept opening them because I wasn't tapping on the icon itself. Once I did that everything moved smoothly.

Now that I have them on my SD card I can rename them easily too. Much appreciated.

Silver Member
Reaction score
um, aren't pics automatically saved to teh SD card anyway???

mhsbrian

Reaction score
This is incorrect information being posted here. All pictures taken on your phone are saved in the DCIM folder...Period. If your phone is saving them in random places ,not to be a bumptious ass; you're doing something wrong.

GSteagall

Reaction score

I think his ultimate intention was to move his pictures to a different folder other than the DCIM folder.

My pictures get saved to DCIM, and I can see them on my SD Card, but regardless, he found his solution :)

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes but unless you have a file to manage them they are everywhere
they are? i could have sworn the camera automatically put them in the DCIM folder.

They were in my DCIM folder. I had no idea what was in that folder, had I not asked I would have thought the pictures were in the device folder. If there is such a thing on a Droid, I come from Blackberry.

Anyway I wanted them grouped with some other pictures so I needed to learn how to do it anyway. Now I understand. Thanks again. I am just learning how to use Astro File Manager and if I don't ask how am I to learn?

reggin

Reaction score
Mine are in DCIM>Camera directory, yours should be too.

Rossand

Reaction score
Moving pitures to gallery from camera

I think the root of the question is moving the pictures that where taken to the gallery. IF I am correct about that I did this.

Attch droid to to computer USB and mount the droid. Usingwindows explorer local the droid (it will be called removable drive :F or something) Click on DCIM there you will see a directory called Camera one called Palm. Click on the Camera directiry select the pix you want in the gallery and drag them to the Palm directory. TAH DAH. Not the real high tech way but it works.

While you are there you can create other galleries, Pets, Girl Fiend ;), Truck or what every then move the right pictures into the sub directories that you made.

Rhino71

Reaction score
Gallery Pics

if I understand Rossand correctly, I need to hook my phone up to my computer to create "labeled" galleries. Will I need to do that each time to move the pictures as well? Can you "hide" galleries, like I could on Blackberry?

Thank you.

Briankbl

Reaction score
*Slaps Mister Super Moderator for not knowing something so simple, then runs away laughing maniacally *

Heh just messin.
:)

6burghsteeler

Reaction score
You have a choice where to save pictures on the settings menu on the phone. The factory default is to the phone. You can change it to the SD Card if you like.

This is incorrect information being posted here. All pictures taken on your phone are saved in the DCIM folder...Period. If your phone is saving them in random places ,not to be a bumptious ass; you're doing something wrong.

pikultr

Reaction score
ok, where and how do you find the DCIM folder on the Droid Incredible? Simple step by step would be great. All new pictures taken with the phone saves to the phone and not the SD card. Cannot find a way to change that or move the pictures from the phone to the card. In the camera there is a setting that allows you to choose to save to card but it still just saves to the phone. Please help.