Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mkdir /pictures
mv /sdcard/DCIM /pictures

you can move the images there, but not make them save there automagically

kmo

Reaction score
Open up camera/settings/storage. Then you have a choice of phone or sd card storage. Check the appropriate box and you're set. :)

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Open up camera/settings/storage. Then you have a choice of phone or sd card storage. Check the appropriate box and you're set. :)

sorry, do not see it...

kmo

Reaction score
On the phone turn on your camera. Left side arrow, press to open preference panel, on bottom left the icon is settings. Open it up, look for storage, click it. Then pick phone or SD storage....

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On the phone turn on your camera. Left side arrow, press to open preference panel, on bottom left the icon is settings. Open it up, look for storage, click it. Then pick phone or SD storage....

what rom? CM doesnt have that

kmo

Reaction score

ROM? I never mentioned ROM anything. I am talking about the preference setting to configure where you store your pics. I either don't understand what you're asking or you just aren't seeing the preference setting on the camera that sets SD card or phone storage. I thought that's what the original question was, ????. Good luck I give up.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score

appreciate it

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

He is using an Incredible, which is why you probably don't see the same settings.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
He is using an Incredible, which is why you probably don't see the same settings.

oh shoot! i didnt even notice that im in the incredible forums...

problem solved

zerobeat

Reaction score
Hi Pandroid,

I am new to the HTC Incredible. I had a two gig card and inserted it into the slot. The card had some old files on it from another camera.

My problem is that in trying to download all the pics and vids on card, the only thing there is the old files. Nothing I have taken with the phone is on the card. I did the storage instructions you left for someone else (camera/settings/card(it was set on camera storage only)) but the new files are not on the SD card. Is there a way to transfer all the new pics to the card and them download to my computer.

TIA,

zerobeat

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi Pandroid,

I am new to the HTC Incredible. I had a two gig card and inserted it into the slot. The card had some old files on it from another camera.

My problem is that in trying to download all the pics and vids on card, the only thing there is the old files. Nothing I have taken with the phone is on the card. I did the storage instructions you left for someone else (camera/settings/card(it was set on camera storage only)) but the new files are not on the SD card. Is there a way to transfer all the new pics to the card and them download to my computer.

TIA,

zerobeat

wish i could help but i dont have an incredible so i dont know how those things work. youll have to wait for someone else to slide along and answer

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Using Astro, can you navigate to where those files are located on your phone? You should be able to search for the location they are stored with Astro. If you don't know the names of the picture images open one in the Gallery, click the menukey, go to More, select Details, and you should have the name of the file in the Title: row.

You can long press the folder the pics are in, then select edit/copy or edit/move. Then you can navigate to a folder on the sdcard and edit/paste and the pics should end up on your card where you can then drag them to your computer after mounting the card.

kmo

Reaction score
Have you tried to turn on the camera/click on left side>arrow to open settings/click on bottom gear icon/click storage/once storage is open you see storage card or phone storage, click storage card. That should do it as far as sending pics to the SD card.