What's with the LED Indicator?

Audiophobe

Reaction score
This is a wierd question after having the phone for a week and a half but: What's up with the LED light?
-Mine is always flashing even though I have checked my messages, AOL email and Gmail.
-Are there different colors? I always see green.
Since I obviously don't get it, if there are different colors what do they mean and how do I manage t the LED if at all?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have any icons in the upper left corner? If so, slide down the bar and see what they are. Get rid of all those and the light will stop.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Green generally means text messages or email from my experience..

Are you looking at your notification window? It drags down from the top of the screen. Try hitting the "clear" button and see if it goes away.

Are you using Handcent or SMS Popup? Anything like that? If so, even if you delete a message, you still have to go to notifications to discard the empty shell of a message it leaves behind.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
Do you have any icons in the upper left corner? If so, slide down the bar and see what they are. Get rid of all those and the light will stop.

That stopped it.
Are there different colors? What do they mean?
Thanks!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've only seen green so far. Just keep an eye on the notification bar at the top because that is where Android tells you everything. New messages, missed calls, downloads completed, apps installed, etc.

hendrix

Reaction score
I have seen green for notifications and red for battery about to die. Doubt there are any other colors than those 2.

moosc

Reaction score
I have red yellow blue & green led. Wb swift alarm email text mms missed call message popup., some. App s let u custimizw the. Led color

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have seen green for notifications and red for battery about to die. Doubt there are any other colors than those 2.

Not to sound like a commercial, but I think there's an app for that. Etiher that or there will be one. I am hoping soon too :)

Shel

Reaction score
There are LOTS of colors! At least, there were/are for the myTouch, and I'd be very surprised if the Droid were less capable in that regard.

download Call Back Pro (reminds you to return calls), and you can choose from the following LED colors:

Magenta
Red
Blue
Green
Orange
Cyan
Pink

Note: Just tried Cyan, works great, and looks really nice! I'm sure all the other colors work as well, don't have time to check each of them out. By the way, Call Back Pro is worth the money, nice app!
Haven't tried all of the colors on my Droid, but they all worked on the myTouch, and I'd be VERY surprised if they don't work on our Droids...

SoCal65

Reaction score
IIRC from another thread:

Default Colors
Green - Message Notification
Blue - Facebook
Red - Battery

T6D16C84

Reaction score
Green generally means text messages or email from my experience..

Are you looking at your notification window? It drags down from the top of the screen. Try hitting the "clear" button and see if it goes away.

Are you using Handcent or SMS Popup? Anything like that? If so, even if you delete a message, you still have to go to notifications to discard the empty shell of a message it leaves behind.

Been using the beta of chompSMS for 2.0 and one thing I notice it does that handcent didn't do is when you open a message either through the notification bar or the program itself it clears your notifications.

monkeydog

Reaction score
Some apps allow you to make a custom led color from RGB sliders for their notification. So there are in fact A LOT of colors possible, it can produce practically any color.

I believe sms popup was one app that allowed you to create your own led color, if anyone wanted to play with it. (I got rid of it for handcent so I can't say for sure that app allowed a custom led color, but I'm pretty sure it did.)

There's also this led tester app to play around with the led color. It's kind of buggy and laggy with the droid but there is still some functionality.

In theory that little led can produce over 16.5 million different colors.

droidism

Reaction score
there are no other colors programmed witht the phone. However...if you download handcent sms, you can use different colors and different sms screen formats (even the iphone if thats your thing). LOL:motdroidhoriz: