"what's using my GPS" App?

solar

Reaction score
Hello all,
Anyone know of an app that would let you see what app is currently using your GSP? I sometimes see the icon pop up for no reason. (At least no reason that I know about). I leave my GPS on all the time because i frequenty use GPS based apps so I don't want to shut it all the time.

I makes me learly when I see it pop up and I didn't initiate something! I use OS monitor and SystemMonitor, which are both great apps, but don't let me see whats using GPS.

nmoira

Reaction score
Shopsavvy was the culprit in my case. I ended up installing it because I didn't see an option to disable this "feature."

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

B

bthomp21

cant you go into manage applications and find the app, scroll down and look to see which one uses the gps? disable or forcestop.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Manage Apps doesn't indicate what's using the GPS receiver, IIRC. You can see what apps are running and that may be a helpful indicator.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Shopsavvy was the culprit in my case. I ended up installing it because I didn't see an option to disable this "feature."

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Interesting, I just recently installed that one and its only been recently that i've been noticing it. I'm going to try removing it too.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Manage Apps doesn't indicate what's using the GPS receiver, IIRC. You can see what apps are running and that may be a helpful indicator.
Well since there are always a few running, none of which seem likely, its hard to tell. But you are correct, the default app manager doesn't specify any details regarding GPS. neither do any of the management apps i'm using.