golf gps apps, wheres my fellow golfers?

irishdroid

Reaction score
Well, shot an 87 today. What golf GPS apps are golfers using? I have teedroid caddy and green finder. Gf is okay but after four holes my GPS went dead for some reason. I thought that sky caddie had released an app but I can't find it. What are my fellow differs using?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm using FreeCaddie right now. It seems to be the best one for me and the courses I play on. It's strictly a range finder (with front, middle, and back of green), but it's been very accurate and easy to use. I've also tried "How Far Am I" and this is accurate as well, but only gives distances to the middle of the green. I haven't used this one as much though. I used TeeDroid Caddy at first, but then my trial expired and I won't pay for it right now. I think that one was really well put together, I'm just not golfing enough right now to pay for it. I also have Accel Golf (there's a thread on this somewhere) but haven't used it yet (just downloaded). I downloaded SkyDroid Golf (bought it for $0.99) and it looked good, but didn't have my courses yet and I didn't feel like mapping them myself. Go to the market and search "Golf GPS" or "Range Finder" and see what's out there. Check other posts on this forum because I've talked golf with some others, so I know other duffers are out there. Hit em straight.

Jester6x

Reaction score
I just bought the GolfCard app a few days ago (in upstate New York the snow just cleared off the courses) and I really like it. I use it for the range finder as well as the score card feature. No more having to say 'Did you grab a card' while I am in my league. It gives tons of features while in score card such as the ability to input distance of first putt, distance of drive, it calculates GIR, sand saves and up and downs, etc. It will keep these stats for you on the phone as well as giving you the option to upload to oobgolf to track your stats there and maybe see where you can improve your game that you might have been missing before.
As long as the course you are using has already been marked, you don't have to do a thing to enjoy the range finder, but if the course isn't marked, you can do it yourself from you computer. Once the course has been marked by one person, no one else has to mark the course. So if I mark the course then both you and I can use the range finder on that course. The process takes about 15 minutes.

gnmitchell

Reaction score
I use golflogix and it works great. Yes you need to pay a fee after your first use but its very accurate (same yardage as my friend who had a handheld device).

Boby

Reaction score
Hi Currently, I'm using Mobitee on my phone, for the moment It seems to be the better app that I had used: fast and accurate, with a rangefinder and Satellite view incorporated for some $24, do you know this app?

Booch_21

Reaction score
Sky Droid. If the course isn't programmed, you can do it yourself very easily from your PC. Did a bunch of local courses that way and it works very well for me.

poker_vol

Reaction score
Using Sky Droid

My dad uses a $400 sky caddie, I used the $1.99 Skydoird app. We were within 2 yards of each other the entire day. Is a big drain on the battery though.

den17ja

Reaction score
+++ for Mobitee! Have used it for a while now... that is of a good quality!