ShopSavvy starting up on its own?

jimnutt

Reaction score
I don't understand why Shop Savvy seems to think it needs to be running all the time. I want it to load up, grab my current location, do what I ask it, then go back to sleep in the background when I leave it. I can't think of any reason for it to be running continuously in the background, yet it does. Or rather, it did. It may be "Big in Japan", but its behavior was just annoying here.

OP
jbsangel

jbsangel

Reaction score
I don't use it often, but when I do, I am likely in a mall or store with a metal roof so location data is probably not available, so in concept, I don't mind this pre-fetching, but I think it could be set to just do it a few times a day and would serve the needs of most people.

Alan
Very valid point, and one I hadn't even thought of. Although perhaps that might actually work in favor of the pre-fetching, that is if the app will use the previous gps fix if it can't get one at the present moment. And then it would still only be useful if you want to search from the location you were previously at.

It's still annoying though. I'm not even concerned with the battery life. It is the principle of the matter, that it starts up and spends 1 minute using my GPS. I only want stuff using my GPS when it makes sense to.

Last edited:

PyroKerry

Reaction score
ShopSavvy uses more power than my screen in normal phone usage. And that's WITHOUT using ShopSavvy. This happens to many people. You have a problem. What is the fix?