Whats this....Froyo for the Fascinate is finally available....NO.....

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
BTW it is most likely I bit of code that vzw has introduced that is causing battery issues, not Samsung.

sent from my rooted nook color

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I feel the same way this phone to me is sweet after I rooted. Like people in tje forums have said to me not all phones act the same. Maybe try changing things up a bit with different kernals and such.

EC01
blue steel theme
EC10_voodoo 1.25oc

tielerjon

Reaction score
ever since the update i get no sound when i get a new e-mail or text. all it will do is vibrate. I have checked eveything out and it should all be running correctly. any ideas?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try settings>applications>manage applications>messaging>clear data

Sent from my fascinate

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that you all got 2.2 and immediately started using your phones more often. This is normal, everyone does it after an update. Also everyone complains about the update killing the battery life. I've only seen one update where people said battery life improved, and running at the same time on the same update was a thread with people complaining about battery life was decreased.

Once the novelty wheres off, your battery life will be back to normal.

androidfreak

Reaction score
Awful

Went back to stock to get the official version from verizon. Took three hours for it to download and install. Then I had all kinds of problems. Lock ups, freeze ups. Do yourselves a favor those that do not have FROYO. Get it from here. Quicker and easier. I am not sure what I was thinking when I decided to go with the OTA version.

tigerdroid

Reaction score
I hate to say it but rooting really unlocks the true potential of the fascinate. Vzw has crippled it somewhat and rooting will set it free. While rooting is a bit risky, it was worth it for me. The fascinate blows other phones out of the water once rooted.

But like I said previously most devices see this battery issue once a new android os is introduced. So keep reporting the issue to vzw and maybe they will send out a patch like they did for other devices when they got froyo.

sent from my rooted nook color

I agree, once I rooted, this phone is awesome. I have switched to SC, EC01 radio and an under clocked kernel (800MHz). My phone is plenty fast(1250 quadrant score) and my battery life is between 30 and 35 hrs, depending on use. I consider myself a somewhat heavy user(about 1.5-2GB data/month). Before I under clocked though I wanted to see how far I could push it, I OC'd to 1400MHz and was getting Quadrant scores of 2500 or so. This phone is no slouch, and is very capable. I do miss CM7, I came from Original Droid, but only miss the functionality. Speed and smoothness are on another level with this phone.

There have been mixed reviews, but I put EC01 on my phone and my wifes phone and we both have not experienced the GPS issues we were with EB01, also cannot really tell if data speed/connection is improved or not, seems about the same which is fine.

This phone has to be rooted to achieve its potential.

nuch14150

Reaction score
Tiger I hear ya...I just had my phone for a month or so and am not a cpu supergenius. I know my way around but thats it. So therefore I do not trust my self but I think a ROOTING will be in my very near future. I'm hoping to find someone local to me (or close enuff) to help me out. You guys are bragging alot so I'm intregued for sure.

j_acm

Reaction score
Fascinate Froyo Update SUCKS!!!

I updated my wifes Fascinate this weekend... Now the phone is freezing, not saving pictures, slow, and battery life is terrible. What can we do to fix this problem??

I think its a shame that they hype it up then makes the phone work horrible!!

Someone please let me know what I can do!!??

nuch14150

Reaction score
I was told to do a factory reset....back up your data and start fresh. I'm doing it tonight. I guess there is nothing to lose.

Jenaht

Reaction score
I have tried several suggestions including factory reset, tips to recalibrate battery, etc. Doesn't seem to be fixing the battery issue. I don't mind the factory reset however; it will probably be cleaner after all of the installing/installing of apps over time.

But sure wish could get this battery drain issue resolved! I'm hoping that there will be some sort of patch that gets sent out. Or perhaps my battery is shot and the new one I'll be getting soon will be the trick. (not holding my breath tho). I did read somewhere that on a few days the battery should adjust itself but.....

I am resistant to rooting because I am not confident that I won't mess up the phone. I certainly wish that I could find more helpful suggestions rather than rooting. I know I'm not alone in resisting doing it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I have tried several suggestions including factory reset, tips to recalibrate battery, etc. Doesn't seem to be fixing the battery issue. I don't mind the factory reset however; it will probably be cleaner after all of the installing/installing of apps over time.

But sure wish could get this battery drain issue resolved! I'm hoping that there will be some sort of patch that gets sent out. Or perhaps my battery is shot and the new one I'll be getting soon will be the trick. (not holding my breath tho). I did read somewhere that on a few days the battery should adjust itself but.....

I am resistant to rooting because I am not confident that I won't mess up the phone. I certainly wish that I could find more helpful suggestions rather than rooting. I know I'm not alone in resisting doing it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

I held out a long time also, but I'm glad I finally did it. But I think I waited way to long. It is the best thing I ever did to my phone. I would never go back.

EC01
blue steel theme
OTB RELOADED 1.3oc

j_acm

Reaction score
The factory reset really helped with freezing and the phone is quick now. Just waiting to see if the battery life improves.. Thanks for the tip!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk