What's the next Android phone for Verizon?

tmal2

Reaction score
Now that the Thunderbolt is out I guess it's time to speculate on what the next Android phone on Verizon will be.
I'm still using my original Droid but I'm ready for an upgrade. I don't live in a 4G area and I don't see us getting 4G coverage anytime in the next year but I'll probably be looking at a 1 year contract just in case.

Does anyone have any ideas what's in the pipeline from big red? I know there is an Incredible2 talked about but I have no idea when it's supposed to be released.

rkeller62

Reaction score
The next phones that are being talked about are:
Droid Bionic - LTE
Droid X2
Droid 3
Droid Targa - LTE

Targa is most likely a code name, but may be what it releases as.

busab

Reaction score
Droid Bionic - LTE
Droid X2
Droid 3
Droid Targa - LTE

Don't forget about the LG Revolution. It could be the next android phone out the gate.

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
Droid Bionic - LTE
Droid X2
Droid 3
Droid Targa - LTE

I think there is supposed to be the HTC Merge in that list also, correct?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

rkeller62

Reaction score
Yes, and I also forgot about the 4G Samsung that is suppose to come to VZW as well.

Looks like there will be no shortage of new Androids to choose from with big red this year!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The question is how many of them will be worth buying.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mamawm

Reaction score
also the lg revolution and the se playstation phone. the revolution looks to be a nice phone and the playstation phone is coming with gingerbread.

Azmordean

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that the Droid 3 and HTC Merge are the only ones on the list with real keyboards?

Seems VZW has no plans of releasing a LTE phone with a keyboard anytime soon. Course based on what I'm hearing about battery life with LTE... I may not mind sticking with 3G after all!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that the Droid 3 and HTC Merge are the only ones on the list with real keyboards?

Seems VZW has no plans of releasing a LTE phone with a keyboard anytime soon. Course based on what I'm hearing about battery life with LTE... I may not mind sticking with 3G after all!

I don't care anymore about the hard keyboard. The only time I ever used it was to root with.

And I'm not even interested in rooting. So maybe an iPhone 5 is in my future.dancedroid

Just kidding.

Or maybe I'm not.:icon_ devil::icon_ devil:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The question is how many of them will be worth buying.
Fairly pointless question given how subjective worth is (regardless of the topic). Might help if you defined what makes a device worth it to you.

loki993

Reaction score
What about the 3 other LG phones? The Optimus 3D, 2x and Black are they coming to Verizon? Havent seen any carries mentioned with them

Azmordean

Reaction score

I don't care anymore about the hard keyboard. The only time I ever used it was to root with.

And I'm not even interested in rooting. So maybe an iPhone 5 is in my future.dancedroid

Just kidding.

Or maybe I'm not.:icon_ devil::icon_ devil:

Yeah most people seem to not want the keyboard these days. I, however, can't function without it. If something good with a keyboard doesn't come down the pike, I'll probably end up ditching Android and going back to Blackberry, or maybe the new Pre 3 if it ends up being good. Hopefully the Droid 3 will fit the bill.

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Hook,

come and join the "dark side" I have been enjoying my iphone and look forward to the next droid for everyone who loves the droid brand. You gotta try the other side of the coin before writing it off. If the Bionic would have been in the place of the thunderbolt(like switched release dates) I would have waited. But not for $50 of 4g that I don't even have in my area. :(

mamawm

Reaction score
What about the 3 other LG phones? The Optimus 3D, 2x and Black are they coming to Verizon? Havent seen any carries mentioned with them

ok, the 3d is going to at&t and the 2x is going to tmobile, don't know about the black but it looks like it is gms also.