Verizon 4G

brenneisec

Reaction score
We're still 1X out here in the sticks of Minnesota. Anyone know the plans to get the whole system to at least 3G?

Every cell tower that Verizon has broadcasts a 3G signal as well as 1X. The problem you're having is that 3G has a slightly smaller footprint than 1X

kmdmb

Reaction score
That can't be right. They put up a new tower a couple years ago a mile from my house. I can park underneath it or be anywhere in the area and have 1x. Full bars.

kmdmb

Reaction score
When I bought my Droid a year ago, the dealer confirmed we had 1x, and that Verizon told him they hoped to have us to 3G sometime summer of "10. Still hasn't happened. They must need to add some equipment or something.

Droid101

Reaction score
When I bought my Droid a year ago, the dealer confirmed we had 1x, and that Verizon told him they hoped to have us to 3G sometime summer of "10. Still hasn't happened. They must need to add some equipment or something.

I would call verizon at 611 not the dealer. See what the whole story is.

kmdmb

Reaction score
Or better yet, just click on data coverage. The grey areas are 1X. I'm in one of those.

OP
B

bmphotography

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers all! Got one more?

How fast is 3G and 4G at its best.. no matter where I go I seem to get only 75kbps - 150kbps on 3G? And that is with data throttling removed

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

brenneisec

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers all! Got one more?

How fast is 3G and 4G at its best.. no matter where I go I seem to get only 75kbps - 150kbps on 3G? And that is with data throttling removed

Average 3G on Verizon is 1.5-2mbps. You are definitely not getting what you should

OP
B

bmphotography

Reaction score
Damns maybe bad cell towers where I am?

Im rly getting the shortend of the stick haha

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think 3G speeds average more like 700kbps (1X/edge is probably much slower), maybe as high as 1.2mbps...Top-end speeds are around 2.2mbps, but only near a tower during light loads.

LTE is 5-12 mbps and should average about 8mbps. People are doing much better than that right now but there's not nearly as much load as there will be a year from now. LTE should be 10-12X faster than 3G.

wooddale

Reaction score
I think 3G speeds average more like 700kbps (1X/edge is probably much slower), maybe as high as 1.2mbps...Top-end speeds are around 2.2mbps, but only near a tower during light loads.

LTE is 5-12 mbps and should average about 8mbps. People are doing much better than that right now but there's not nearly as much load as there will be a year from now. LTE should be 10-12X faster than 3G.
Sure hope so Im waiting for the Bionic to come out then Im going for it he who hesitates is lost plus Im in a 4G area too