What was your data usage like last month on your Droid?

Big Cam

Reaction score
8.7 gig's, pretty average fo rme.

I stream music/ustream 8 hours a day at work 5 days a week.

Reaction score
You can download data counter widget from the market and you can see how much data you have used on your home screens. You can set it to reset after each month or your
set amount of time. If anyone is interested. I believe it's free.

EDIT: yep it's free.

Last edited:

Taegost

Reaction score
Looks like I'm at about 1G so far with 11 days left on my cycle... I listen to Slacker for about 45 minutes on my way in to work 5 days a week, Facebook on and off all day, bunch of widgets, Tapatalk, and kernel/ROM swaps :)

GrillMouster

Reaction score
beeray, re: your overnight data usage. Do you have Lookout or any other app backing up to the cloud or syncing overnight? How about podcast apps downloading podcasts overnight?

techRob

Reaction score
The past 3 months (March, April, May billing cycles)...
March: 328,896 KB
April: 267,145 KB
May: 220,804 KB

...March was my first month of having the DROID. As of the current billing cycle (June) I've started using Pandora on occasion, just started playing with some "extra capabilities" of the phone, I haven't used tethering much - played with it just make sure it works (it's an "I NEED INTERWEBZ!" tool for me) ^_^ ...we'll see what this month yeilds.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
2gig this month. cycle just ended yesterday. average about 1-2gigs. gps, pandora, cardio app,surfing the web,email. barely tethered (like an hr a month)

tsitalon1

Reaction score
I barely use my droid and the data is going through the roof. The usage appears to be in the middle of night when I am sound asleep. I have no idea what is going on. The phone is rooted with Ultimate droid 9.8 It will be wiped clean and then put on UD 10.0

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Rochelle

the phone constantly connects with the google sync servers so its normal to see data at all times of the day...

heres my last months data i don't use wifi tether but do listen to a fair amount of music and use the GPS alot..

data.jpg

Intrestingly enough my wife's droid consumed 10gb last month. I just caught this fact. She barely goes online, so she has no idea what's using the data. Also intrestingly enough, I had her on UD9.8. I switched her to BB1.1 a few days ago.

How are you able to tell that the data usage is at night?

Will spareparts be able to tell me what's accessing the network so often?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just a little over 10 gig last month and no tethering

KevinJ

Reaction score
I got looked that the bill I got a few days ago. Last billing cycle I had a grand total of....

210 megs.

Looks like I need to back off using this phone, and turn off a bunch of stuff. I'd hate to go over my monthly allotment. :)