What was your data usage like last month on your Droid?

backlash

Reaction score
Just a hair over 2 gigs, but I was trying to get it high. Was just using Pandora and last.fm alot. No tethering.

rayvincent

Reaction score
1,262,707.39 as copied from my bill :icon_ banana:
I've got some work to do to catch up to a few of you !

gdwsr44

Reaction score
data use

Data use through today is 1,168,760.65KB . My cycle ends 3/23/10

Droidfish

Reaction score
3 gigs for me, next month should be even better considering I'm finally putting my wifi tether to good use. I've had it installed for over a month but I really didn't need it for a while considering how much my laptop usage dropped when I got my droid.

beeray

Reaction score
I barely use my droid and the data is going through the roof. The usage appears to be in the middle of night when I am sound asleep. I have no idea what is going on. The phone is rooted with Ultimate droid 9.8 It will be wiped clean and then put on UD 10.0

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Rochelle

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I barely use my droid and the data is going through the roof. The usage appears to be in the middle of night when I am sound asleep. I have no idea what is going on. The phone is rooted with Ultimate droid 9.8 It will be wiped clean and then put on UD 10.0

Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Rochelle

the phone constantly connects with the google sync servers so its normal to see data at all times of the day...

heres my last months data i don't use wifi tether but do listen to a fair amount of music and use the GPS alot..

data.jpg

Jcook54

Reaction score
1,037,250.07KB that's so far this month. My cycle end June 10th. I listen to Last.fm at work and I've only had the phone for a month at this point. Last months usage was a good bit more because the phone was new and I spent A LOT of time on it trying to figure it out. I'm interested to see how this tiered data charge thing goes down.

beeray

Reaction score
I do understand that the phone syncs all the time. But, 16,000kb at night without being used. I only get about 20 emails per day if that much. I rarely use the gps or a music app. I am baffled. Do you think that if I rest the phone and put ud 10.0 on it might clear this up?

Rochelle

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I do understand that the phone syncs all the time. But, 16,000kb at night without being used. I only get about 20 emails per day if that much. I rarely use the gps or a music app. I am baffled. Do you think that if I rest the phone and put ud 10.0 on it might clear this up?

Rochelle

do you have any widgets or apps that pull info in the background?

news, facebook, chats ......ETC

rcfx

Reaction score
As of today 5,752,854.98 kb. and 0 wireless tethering. It never leaves my hand ...

alm0614

Reaction score
11GB for me last month..mostly GPS i believe.. probably used google maps navigation for 20 hours of driving time

Big D

Reaction score
Is there a way to see the total amount of Data used since we got the phone?