What to upgrade to?

occhile1984

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just found out that I can upgrade on October 7th...now granted I've had a droid in the past...the Eris and even an Incredible, but somehow I'm still with my Curve 3G...is the jump to 4G worth it?

I mean here's an idea of what I do with my phone...i text a lot...facebook every 5 min....really gotten into twitter...angry birds (i play on my wife's droid), typical internet browsing and i want to listen to slacker or pandora while at work. I am really concerned about battery life. I will not buy HTC mainly because even with an extended battery and turning off everything, the battery died so fast. The X2, Droid 3 and Bionic definitely sparked my interest and so did the Charge.

Granted I have a good month, I like planning ahead so I can go into the store, and know what I want. Alright...let the opinions begin...thanks in advance. dancedroid

P.S. - don't kill me for saying this, but I have not ruled out an iPhone, but I know you cant customize them like a Droid and because too many people have them. Thanks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I say wait for the Bionic and check it out, it's coming out in a couple days anyway, doubt you'll upgrade the minute you hear something you like from this thread.

I'm not sure if the Curve has a physical keyboard or not but the keyboard on the droid 3 is great.

You're a fairly light user and any of the phones out today cover your needs and more. If battery life is a concern you may want to stay away from 4g phones for awhile, as they're known to have a pretty short battery life, especially if you're in an area where 4g isn't available. Out of the choices listed so far, excluding the Bionic, I would get the Droid 3. Has a good battery life and has a very nice physical keyboard for all your texting.

Hope this helps...

OP
O

occhile1984

Reaction score
Thanks. actually i really like the Droid 3 because of the keyboard. And yes the curve has the keyboard, and i havent had touch screen in a while. Not saying i'm not open to it, but still. Also, whats the better buy out of the droid 3 and the droid x2?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks. actually i really like the Droid 3 because of the keyboard. And yes the curve has the keyboard, and i havent had touch screen in a while. Not saying i'm not open to it, but still. Also, whats the better buy out of the droid 3 and the droid x2?

my personal experience with the x2 is to avoid it. I have two friends with them and they're honestly not happy with the choice. Lots of bugs and one of them has been through 3 of them until the droid 3 came out. I personally prefer the droid 3, but I haven't had any long term experience with it myself, but if I had to choose, it would be Droid 3. Faster than the x2, has the best keyboard I've ever seen/used, and it looks very nice as well. I'm still more than happy with my Inc, so I'm holding off on my upgrade for now, though the Bionic has definitely caught my interest and I will be going to the store to check it out once it comes out.