Upgrade Question

tgladu

Reaction score
I heard that if you want the droid that you can upgrade your droid anytime but that your 2 year activation will be reset to the day you got it. So my upgrade is October of 2011 which is less than a year away so does this mean if i go to verizon tomorrow i can get the new droid x for $200 and just get my agreement reset?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. You can upgrade when your contract is ready for renewal. Doing it any other time will require you to pay full price for the phone.

The contract helps subsidize the cost of the phone, so it wouldnt make any sense to allow you to keep purchasing phones at the contract price without renewing your contract.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Really you will have to ask. I get early upgrades pretty much every xmas. My contract isn't up until 2013 because of it. You may get a 1yr price as well, but generally if your contracts not up or you haven't received notice of an early upgrade promo you pay full price for the new phone.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
T

tgladu

Reaction score
Really you will have to ask. I get early upgrades pretty much every xmas. My contract isn't up until 2013 because of it. You may get a 1yr price as well, but generally if your contracts not up or you haven't received notice of an early upgrade promo you pay full price for the new phone.

Sent from somewhere...

yes this is what i heard. i also read it on this site awhile back.

warrior21

Reaction score
If you have the family plan the primary line gets an upgrade once a year also. Verizon is pretty good about accomodating upgrade requests, I haven't had a problem yet getting early upgrades.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've early upgraded 2 times. The first time I got a reduced price on the phone (Blackberry Storm 2) and I got a one year extension to my contract. My new every two didn't change. Come September 10 this year I was eligible for renewal however I called and asked for them to allow me to upgrade a week earlier. They said OK.

It did take a couple of tries on the first early upgrade, 3 calls actually.

OP
T

tgladu

Reaction score
i have the new every 2 upgrade. my upgrade is up in 11 months. How should i go about asking for a quicker upgrade for the droid from verizon?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No. You can upgrade when your contract is ready for renewal. Doing it any other time will require you to pay full price for the phone.

The contract helps subsidize the cost of the phone, so it wouldnt make any sense to allow you to keep purchasing phones at the contract price without renewing your contract.

i always sign a 2 year contract but always upgrade at the 12 month period and get the 2 year price on the new phones you just have to sign a new contract. By doing this you forfeit your new every two discount but that doesn't bother me id rather have a new phone.