Question about upgrading phones

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Hello,

Quick Question. 3 lines on our 4 line family are not due for upgrades till the beginning of Sept. One of the primary lines can upgrade now, but cannot get a phone from outside of verizon (like Let's Talk or Amazon). Since technically the upgrade date is in September, but it can still get a phone at the new 2 year price at Verizon. Is there a way to make it so that we can get it from the other sites before the 6-28 changes? Let's Talk is having a deal where if you get an LTE phone they give you a $40 account credit. Would be nice to get that.

I know verizon is passing out early upgrades to 3G users. These three users are still on 3G devices, and I know my one friend was offered an early upgraded less than a year into her two year if she got an LTE phone.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you will not be able to upgrade through anyone other than VZW. at least that has been my experience .

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
That sucks!

The other two lines are fine with there existing phones, but the line that is eligible I know doesn't want her pro much longer. Has been complaining about it for a while. You can get a Stratosphere for free on upgrades at NewEgg, with $40 credit. Which would be perfect for her. All she really wants is a larger screen and a physical keyboard.

Unfortunetly, the freaking stratosphere is $100 with two year on verizon.:angry: