droid doctor

Reaction score
I heard it wasn't the greatest on the thunderbolt it was better on the droid x

Sent from my DROID2

kparks

Reaction score
I heard it wasn't the greatest on the thunderbolt it was better on the droid x

Sent from my DROID2
BATTERY in 3g about the same slight edge to DX....
the TB has.................
1 better processor
2 better graphics
3 better camera
4 frontfacing camera 1.3 MP+ support video chat... DX has no front camera
5 comes with 32GB class 4 sd card thats 70$-80 $ right there u can put tons of stuff on it
6 SLCD screen
7 KICKSTAND WHOOOO HOOOO :)
8 LTE LTE DID I MENTION ITS LTE
9 sense 2.0
10 can support netflix through a update
11. skype through update
12 will get better support cuz the DX is fairly old now
13 MORE RAM THATS A HUGE THING
14 unlocked bootloader
15 ITS A HTC
IF IM MISSING ANYTHING PLEASE ADD!!! cant believe i forgot about the ram till # 13 LOL

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
wow that is a lot of reasons to buy it.... i might go down to the verizon store tomorrow and see if they got a demo thunderbolt and see if i can test it

kparks

Reaction score
wow that is a lot of reasons to buy it.... i might go down to the verizon store tomorrow and see if they got a demo thunderbolt and see if i can test it
why the heck are u still up partying all night are we LMAO :icon_ banana:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
T-bolt battery issues seem to be tied to 4G/LTE usage... when on 3G only, it sounds like it's comparable to other Droid phones...

kparks

Reaction score
T-bolt battery issues seem to be tied to 4G/LTE usage... when on 3G only, it sounds like it's comparable to other Droid phones...
yup i hear the same.... and from what ive seen the tb one of the smoothest running phones ive seen. ive seen in person and read about leg on the DX just another reason.

Last edited:

droid doctor

Reaction score
we have given you like 30 reasons why its better than the x what else do you need ?

Sent from my DROID2

DragonScorpion

Reaction score
I, too, am switching from ATT to Verizon and I've been wondering whether to go with the Motorola X or the HTC Thunderbolt. I compared them today in the store. I liked both for a lot of different reasons. Slight edge to the Thunderbolt.

The TB seemed better in a lot of ways from what I noticed: faster processing, faster camera, maybe faster downloads than X. Difficult to tell. 4G capability looks very nice but we don't have 4G here yet and won't for at least a year. I was disappointed about a lack of HDMI. Also, the speakers did not seem as loud with media to me as the X and if so that's probably a deal breaker. I'd rely on it quite a bit for media.

I also preferred the sleeker design of the TB, but noticed the touch buttons on it were very easy to activate accidentally while holding it, as compared to the X which had physical buttons and a nice gap between them and the edge. That was definitely a big turn off, too.

Still thinking it over. I'm going Sunday to compare them one last time before making a decision. This will be my first smartphone, BTW, so big changes regardless. ;D

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bottom line is to go with what fits YOU best. They are both excellent phones so you can't really go wrong either way. I have owned a DX (exchanged it for TB) and both have their strengths. I miss the keyboard on the DX but am getting used to HTC's keyboard. Battery life on 3G is about equal...MUCH improvement over the Incredible. I haven't noticed a difference between the two as far as media volume is concerned personally but you might. Also, if HDMI would be a deal breaker, I say go with the DX. Just take your time and find what fits your needs the best. You don't want to get one and then want the other a week or so later, you know?

I, too, am switching from ATT to Verizon and I've been wondering whether to go with the Motorola X or the HTC Thunderbolt. I compared them today in the store. I liked both for a lot of different reasons. Slight edge to the Thunderbolt.

The TB seemed better in a lot of ways from what I noticed: faster processing, faster camera, maybe faster downloads than X. Difficult to tell. 4G capability looks very nice but we don't have 4G here yet and won't for at least a year. I was disappointed about a lack of HDMI. Also, the speakers did not seem as loud with media to me as the X and if so that's probably a deal breaker. I'd rely on it quite a bit for media.

I also preferred the sleeker design of the TB, but noticed the touch buttons on it were very easy to activate accidentally while holding it, as compared to the X which had physical buttons and a nice gap between them and the edge. That was definitely a big turn off, too.

Still thinking it over. I'm going Sunday to compare them one last time before making a decision. This will be my first smartphone, BTW, so big changes regardless. ;D

Sent down via a Bolt of lightning!!

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
I did get a chance to test it out at hte verizon store over the weekend it is nice only thing I am really unsure of is the battery life but probably if i rooted the thunderbolt there would be a way to make my battery life longer i guess. Thunderbolt users on avg how much battery life do you guys get?

Fightnfire

Reaction score
It could be just us but I took my wife down to Verizon to get a new phone and we were both very disappointed with the Thunderbolt. Laggy, unresponsive and just not what we expected for 4G. She doesn't need top of the line, this is her fist smart phone. She actually picked out the Droid X. The Thunderbolt has a lot of hype around it but we were disappointed. Many other reviews are saying the same things... Also, the Verizon rep I talked to told me it was delayed due to some of the issues. They decided to go with it now and wait on the others, bionic etc. to force people to buy it looking for a 4g upgrade ... they need to sell through the stock.

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
idk if your the only one but I would sure like an idea of generally the battery life obtained on the thunderbolt? because ive been reading some ppl have been only been getting around the range of 2 hours of battery life.. i would like some thunderbolt users to shine in with there wisdom

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Interesting, this thing is anything BUT laggy to me...much faster and smoother than my DX and D2

It could be just us but I took my wife down to Verizon to get a new phone and we were both very disappointed with the Thunderbolt. Laggy, unresponsive and just not what we expected for 4G. She doesn't need top of the line, this is her fist smart phone. She actually picked out the Droid X. The Thunderbolt has a lot of hype around it but we were disappointed. Many other reviews are saying the same things... Also, the Verizon rep I talked to told me it was delayed due to some of the issues. They decided to go with it now and wait on the others, bionic etc. to force people to buy it looking for a 4g upgrade ... they need to sell through the stock.

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score

Most tbolts I've had the chance to play with have been anything but laggy. Reminder: 4G is only in alot of major cities so its still running 3G every where else. Of course not every phone is made perfect she could of gotten the one glitchy one of the whole bunch. Droid X is currently the top of the line for 3G. The difference in the 2 more or less is the front camera.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App