Razr Maxx or HTC ThunderBolt?

__DROID_DOES__

Reaction score
I love the Razr Maxx in every way with the exception of the Tired Data plans. A friend offered me their HTC ThunderBolt to me-for a price- but it has Unlimited Data. One problem: I HATE HTC's User Interface and the fact that it is difficult to root, then tether as opposed to the Razr Maxx which is a one click root. What should I get?

Razr Maxx 10GB a month
HTC ThunderBolt Unlimited Data Upgrade available in December 2012

P.S. I do not have 4G where I live but surrounding cities do.
P.S.S. I love love love Motorola

AND If anyone has a Motorola-Like Launcher, Easy way to root ThunderBolt, or a Droid Razr Maxx Unlimited Data Line for sale, please post below!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Data is based on your #/plan, not the phone. If you currently have unlimited data, it doesn't matter, and while the Bolt is a decent phone, the Maxx is probably better overall (unless you hate the size).

Unless I'm missing something...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
One way you could go about it, though expensive, is selling the TB and then buying a Razr Maxx at full retail.

Because the TB has unlimited data are you taking over your friend's line with the phone?

gthotie5

Reaction score
If you take the tbolt and activate it on your lime then you will be stuck with the same data plan you currently have.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Unless you are buying your buddy's line, no matter which phone you get transferred to your line you will still have a tiered plan. The data is tied to your account/# as jnt said, not the phone. So is he just selling you the phone or his whole line?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
What they said. If activated on your line then its whatever your current plan is.