what to get droid x or thunderbolt?

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
currently on att i have a lg shine which is NOT A DATA PHONE

Kack

Reaction score
i got the tbolt. 1 yr contract sets me up to get a new top of the line phone next year. so far its great there is a littl learning curve for me with sense. but i already like it more than motoblur. it is crisper than the DX better feel in the hand IMHO.

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
ummmm the thing is ive been reading a bit that verizon will getting rid of there unlimited data so i have no idea if it will even be around during Q3 or even Q4

kparks

Reaction score
yea u got to get off that thing lol.... Tbolt would be a great phone for you and can do more than you will need for a while sense its your 1st phone of this kind.. i would go with a 2 year plan cuz you prolly wont be bored of it and HTC phones are great u get this thing u might never buy another brand :)

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
I am currently looking at switching my cell phone provider to Verizon from ATT. I am looking at getting either the droid X which I personally like in the hand and seems like there are a lot of things it can do or the HTC thunderbolt which has just released which has 4g capabilities.
I know thunderbolt has 4g with unlimited data currently but it does lack a HDMI.I would like your guys opinions on which one is better to get.

yea u got to get off that thing lol.... Tbolt would be a great phone for you and can do more than you will need for a while sense its your 1st phone of this kind.. i would go with a 2 year plan cuz you prolly wont be bored of it and HTC phones are great u get this thing u might never buy another brand :)

ooh dude trust me ive been trying to get rid of this thing I was actually looking at Iphone before they changed the data rate plan and there plans were just a tad bit higher than verizon but im def looking at getting something soon .

Jordan8

Reaction score
If you have 4G in your area(or getting it soon), the TB is the way to go. The TB also has 200 odd mb more ram than the DX. The TB has a front facing camera. Those are the only significant things I see the TB has on the DX. I personally have a DX, the TB is a little bit to thick for my taste. Not to mention it's battery is only like ~1300 mah? I haven't really read into how it's battery life is since release, but I wouldn't imagine it'd be to great.

Edit: After reading your post above, Verizon has the iPhone now if you wasn't aware.

Last edited:
OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
If you have 4G in your area(or getting it soon), the TB is the way to go. The TB also has 200 odd mb more ram than the DX. The TB has a front facing camera. Those are the only significant things I see the TB has on the DX. I personally have a DX, the TB is a little bit to thick for my taste. Not to mention it's battery is only like ~1300 mah? I haven't really read into how it's battery life is since release, but I wouldn't imagine it'd be to great.
well there is some 4g but its not widely out here just yet

kparks

Reaction score
well there is some 4g but its not widely out here just yet
yea 100% go with the TB on a 2 year you wont regret it!

OP
K

Khanster786

Reaction score
hdmi might be lacking on this phoen but idk if it will make a huge difference i guess

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

Edit: After reading your post above, Verizon has the iPhone now if you wasn't aware.

Don't forget 2 of the most important differences... 2nd gen processor and no locked down bootloader on the TB. Those 2 and the RAM make a world of difference.
I had an X before this, you couldn't pay me to go back. BTW my batt life isn't bad at all so far.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App