What to do with my OG (Droid 1)?

skipbl92

Reaction score
I will be receiving my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx today and will be deactivating my OG. I am not a developer, but I have rooted and ROM'd my OG. I have only been using ROM's from Liquid (currently on LGB 3.2).

So should I keep the phone and test other ROM's? Sell it? Donate it? Recycle it?

What are you thoughts/suggestions!

robert70

Reaction score
Keep it as a back up, I have my old crackberry for back up until I upgrade then I'll keep this one as backup and maybe give the crackberry away.

tcain36

Reaction score
Yea I say keep it as a back up too. I'm running Liquid Gingerbread myself and love it. Plus if ya wanna try out any updated rom that comes out u can always try it out on the OG first. Then again not a lot of ppl can't follow simple instructions and can't do what we've done to out phone so if ya eva wanted to sell it I'm sure u can make a few xtra bucks.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Kierra

Reaction score
i'm keeping mine as a back up in case I ever break my razr or have to wait for a warranty replacement. unless my 69 year old mother in law decides she wants it. she's been interested in getting a smart phone lately but her upgrade is in september.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, once you're on a 4G plan you cannot simply use an old 3G device as a backup.

Reaction score
As far as I know, once you're on a 4G plan you cannot simply use an old 3G device as a backup.

There id no such thing as a 4g plan. All data plans are just that......data plans. You can switch between a 4g phone and a 3g phone as often add you like.

Now, if on your 4g phone you gabber the double data promo thing, you will lose that if you activate a 3g. So if you gabber 4GB for $30 on the razr and activate a 3g phone later for whatever reason, you will be knocked back down to just 2gb.

As for the op question, I still have my OG just in case my phone or my wifes phone is lost or whatever but for now, it is just a "toy" for my Judd to play games on and is connected to our home wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk