What to do in the invent a big red rep lies to me?

warbird87

Reaction score
Ok guys this is my first post and im new to the forum so I will try not to cause much headache with this question. To make a long story short, today over the phone a Verizon wireless representative told me he would allow me to do an early upgrade on my contract so that I can get the droidx and get away from my droid2 as a compensation due to a two hour long tech call in which he provided me with a lot of information which he and I both found out wasn't true after he spoke to his supervisor. He would have went ahead and ordered my droidx on the spot and had it overnighted to me, but was waiting on another order/shipment I had made to process and said he couldn't run the both at one time. I had to get ready and go to work so he gave me his Verizon email address, first and last name, and said after I get a confirmation email about the first order to call and renew my contract and ask for my droidx to be overnighted as soon as possible. About 2 hours after speaking with him I received my confirmation email, and proceeded to call and do what he intructed me to do. Once I start speaking with a different rep she says "im sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you aren't eligible and there's nothing I can do about it". I did send him an email explaining that the most recent rep I spoke with wouldn't/couldn't help me with the compensation he "granted" me, and that was 4 hours ago, and I haven't heard a word from the guy. He even told me he would call me back or text me as soon as the first order was complete to get the ball rolling on the renew deal for my droidx, and still no word at all. My question to anyone reading this is if this guys completely lied to me, or just gave me a shovel full of crap to make me happy until he got me off the phone, is there anything I can do to make him or big red hold up on their end of this? Im sure the call was recorded so there's the only reference I need, right? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your time. Jay p.s sorry for the the wrong use of invent in the title, I definitely meant to say event.

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
Did you ask to speak with a supervisor? Did the original rep give you an extension number or employee id?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would call and ask to speak with a supervisor. Be ready to forward the email to him.
Be polite...Very polite.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hard to say. I seriously doubt he remarked your account saying that you could get a DX. I'd call back and ask for a supervisor with the guy's Mae and email. IF your call was recorded, that would be enough. Good luck and welcome to DroidForums!

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
W

warbird87

Reaction score
@Beka27 I did not ask to speak to a supervisor when I originally called because im at work and was limited to not being able to talk long at the time. The rep who started all of this did not give me an extension, or any kind of I.d number, he only gave me his name, and email, but the call did register on my phone as a particular 900 number instead of saying unavailable as it usually would have when dealing with a rep.

@Backnblack The only emails I would have to show a supervisor would be the first order email, and the two emails that I have now sent to the original rep at his verizon email address.

@Droid DOES!! Not sure what the Mae is that your talking about, but if you're referring to an I.d number...no he never said what his I.d number was. Only thing I have in my favor is the phone conversation which is supposed to be recorded, and the two text msgs he sent me which contained his email address, times that he is at work, and another email just listing what the order number was for the first order I made.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Whoa, that was supposed to say NAME! Haha!! Sorry!

@Beka27 I did not ask to speak to a supervisor when I originally called because im at work and was limited to not being able to talk long at the time. The rep who started all of this did not give me an extension, or any kind of I.d number, he only gave me his name, and email, but the call did register on my phone as a particular 900 number instead of saying unavailable as it usually would have when dealing with a rep.

@Backnblack The only emails I would have to show a supervisor would be the first order email, and the two emails that I have now sent to the original rep at his verizon email address.

@Droid DOES!! Not sure what the Mae is that your talking about, but if you're referring to an I.d number...no he never said what his I.d number was. Only thing I have in my favor is the phone conversation which is supposed to be recorded, and the two text msgs he sent me which contained his email address, times that he is at work, and another email just listing what the order number was for the first order I made.

DroidForums junkie!!

Bigg5Deuce

Reaction score
As long as you can tell the supervisor the date and approx time that the conversation took place, they should be able to pull the call - even if you don't have a name or ID # for the rep you spoke to. I supervise a customer service call-center, and that is all I would need to know to find a call recording.

Beka27

Reaction score
And for future info, always try to get some kind of ID number if possible. It sounds better than saying "I spoke to Joe and he said this..." I make notes of name and extensions or IDs anytime I call customer service numbers.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
W

warbird87

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah its day two and I haven't heard a word from this guy. I called this morning and the supervisor I spoke with said to give the rep until 4:30p.m to contact me back since it was his deal, and if by 5:00p.m the rep hasn't tried contacting me to call the supervisors cell and he would have my droidx in my hands by 4:00p.m tomorrow via FedEX

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All VZW call center calls are recorded. Reps do not have real "extensions". If asked when I worked at one, it was "7447", however that didn't really mean anything if someone called me and later called back and said "I'd like to speak to Scott at Ext. 7447". The rep would have to look at the notes and they could find my VZW email address and contact me. However, if you spoke to an outsourced call center, which is very possible, when I worked at VZW, there was no way to contact them.

I can verify, as well as DroidDOES, and that is, if there is a pending order in the system, no other orders can process until that clears the system. To that, the rep was telling you the truth. I do find it hard to believe a rep gave out his email address though. That's pretty bold. The only thing I ever did was go to the VZW website and sent a text message, which is untraceable, meaning I didn't really want a reply back from them, nor was I supposed to. The only time I really can remember doing that was if they were driving and needed a phone number or a confirmation of something.

I wish you the best in your pursuit and hope it all works out.

OP
W

warbird87

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. The matter was resolved and I received both phones as promised.

Sent from my DROIDX