What the update SHOULD have fixed/updated:

Reaction score
i haven't played with my phone much since the 4.0.4 update earlier today, but these are some things that i expect to have updated:

-landscape view for the homescreen (without apex or nova)

-auto brightness that actually works properly

-more customization features

-multitouch! tired of playing asphalt 6 and not having my second finger on the screen register!!

-less lag (not that there's a whole lot to begin with)

-less instances of getting phone calls and having an error message come up on the screen and not knowing who called!

-better overall stability

-apps that i disable STAY disabled (ex. google books and movies!)

-the number of background processes staying set to the limit that i set it to, rather than instantly defaulting to the factory setting
!

(my signal disappearing problems have occurred with all LTE i have on vzw's network, so i don't blame samsung for this)

that "update list" that verizon shows on their website doesn't have any problems i've ever encountered, and is hopefully not all encompassing.

obviously, it's a pipedream to expect all of these sensible things to occur, but hopefully most of them are now happening :D

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Multi touch should be fixed. Even when I was on 4.0.3 ROMs I haven't had the issue. I did have it on stock 4.0.2, but I haven't had since on 4.0.4 for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Multi touch should be fixed. Even when I was on 4.0.3 ROMs I haven't had the issue. I did have it on stock 4.0.2, but I haven't had since on 4.0.4 for sure.

sweet, glad to hear it :D

nleksan

Reaction score
I'd personally like to see improvements to the browser. I like the stock browser so much that I haven't moved to anything else (I used Dolphin HD on my OG Droid), although I tried every popular one. As good as it is, though, it could use some "smoothing out of rough edges", IMHO.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i haven't played with my phone much since the 4.0.4 update earlier today, but these are some things that i expect to have updated:

-landscape view for the homescreen (without apex or nova)
Did not see that as a problem plus I ran paranoid rom for a bit and it puts the screen in landscape ala tablet look and I later prefer it in portrait
-auto brightness that actually works properly
I dont use auto brightness so really cant comment.

-more customization features
I think ics offers a lot of customization personally and every thing else I turn to a rom for. For those wanting to stay clean (the stock 4.04 feel) I recommend Eclipse, it has just enough tweaks but still has the stock feel.
-multitouch! tired of playing asphalt 6 and not having my second finger on the screen register!!

-less lag (not that there's a whole lot to begin with)
Change your kernel
-less instances of getting phone calls and having an error message come up on the screen and not knowing who called!
Have not ran into that issue at all
-better overall stability
This has been the most stable build of android that I have ever run on all the phones and tablets I have played with. My only complaint is still the radio hiccups that still happens every now and then.
-apps that i disable STAY disabled (ex. google books and movies!)
Delete them
-the number of background processes staying set to the limit that i set it to, rather than instantly defaulting to the factory setting
!
They still seem to have issues with that, I know when I change it, it seems to cause f/c especially with the browser.

(my signal disappearing problems have occurred with all LTE i have on vzw's network, so i don't blame samsung for this)
I blame samsung; did not have that problem at all on my rezound no matter what ics rom I was running. This really is a Samsung radio issue not a vzw issue. Thankfully it has improved to where it is useable compared to before.

that "update list" that verizon shows on their website doesn't have any problems i've ever encountered, and is hopefully not all encompassing.

obviously, it's a pipedream to expect all of these sensible things to occur, but hopefully most of them are now happening :D

My comments are in red. Overall I am impressed with 4.04 and it is a large step in the right direction. Thankfully the devs have been doing an excellent job with adding tweaks here and there to make this device even better.

NYMase

Reaction score
I wish it would have fixed the ability to send pictures or MMS texts over Wifi...I still don't understand why that doesn't work on this phone

condor12

Reaction score
Gosh, the battery life seems to be worse. Its been posted that any app opened but not onscreen, doesnt use more battery and just sits idle. I dont buy it. I'd like to have an app like quickpull for bb that restarts the phone while im asleep.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
My comments are in red. Overall I am impressed with 4.04 and it is a large step in the right direction. Thankfully the devs have been doing an excellent job with adding tweaks here and there to make this device even better.

i disagree with everything in red :D

however, i do agree it's an improvement-but not enough of one. for example, disabled apps still don't stay disable, nor do background process limits stay where you set them. two inherent features that still don't work after the update. i may root at this point, but i need step by step instructions.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah you should root. A nexus with out root would be like a quarterback who can't throw. I see no reason to ever unroot my nexus unless I have to exchange it. But you are right about the disable apps feature. But it makes me think it was done on purpose for oems to port it to their devices and it's all set to go to add carrier preloaded apps.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Yeah you should root. A nexus with out root would be like a quarterback who can't throw. I see no reason to ever unroot my nexus unless I have to exchange it. But you are right about the disable apps feature. But it makes me think it was done on purpose for oems to port it to their devices and it's all set to go to add carrier preloaded apps.

can you link some good instructions, and also instruction for backing up everything so i can go back to stock for warranty purposes? thanks

Chevyman80

Reaction score
Gosh, the battery life seems to be worse. Its been posted that any app opened but not onscreen, doesnt use more battery and just sits idle. I dont buy it. I'd like to have an app like quickpull for bb that restarts the phone while im asleep.

My battery life drastically improved. I have not added or erased any apps I'm getting about 5+ hours more with same use!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
can you link some good instructions, and also instruction for backing up everything so i can go back to stock for warranty purposes? thanks

Check the Stickies in the Galaxy Nexus Development Forum. SBenson has a good guide for unlocking, rooting, and setting up ADB and Fastboot.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am at work but tomorrow I will be able to put something together.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Not sure if I should be mad or glad? Glad for the following, but MAD it took so long.

I use my phone alot for business, both phone and data. I used to get about 6 hrs average till dead, and well after the update instead of being dead or close at 6 hours of use today, I had 65% battery left.

I still can't believe it. Whatever was fixed in this update to change this I am not sure, but I am liking it.