What the update SHOULD have fixed/updated:

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
The fixes were very minor. I still think the switch to landscape mode is still too slow. The volume for music/video playback on the external speaker is still weak (I have to use Volume + set at max to come close to the volume on my buddy's iPhone 4S). Facebook photo syncing for contacts still doesn't work either.

Imprisoned

Reaction score
Gosh, the battery life seems to be worse.

yeah i noticed my batter life is better :D

Agree with Galaxy, my battery is MUCH better with the OTA update. Prior to the update when working an 8 hour shift regardless of usage my phone had to be charged on my lunch break, or it would be dead by last break. Now if I don't use it much at work I still have 50% battery left at the end of my shift, and with heavy usage on my breaks I can make it the full shift without charging.

I use my phone more at work on my breaks than I do at home, on my off days other than calls I don't use my phone much. I had to charge my phone even when not using it much once during the day, now on my off day I can take the phone off the charge at 8am and it's good until around 11pm when I go to bed, that's using it 90% as a phone of course, but before the update I was looking for a charge around 5ish to make it until bed time.

I also haven't had my Nexus reboot one time since the update, before it rebooted about twice a week. Other than the reboot and battery I haven't noticed any other improvements, but just those two alone are nice updates for me. I would love to see a update to fix volume and signal issues then I would be 100% happy with my phone.

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
I keep having the same issue...my battery life on my nexus was amazing at first. Absolutely great.

Now it drains even when on idle. A factory reset helped the battery life drastically last time (it's not any apps that are causing battery issues because I don't download new ones much). I don't want to keep doing factory resets though

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I keep having the same issue...my battery life on my nexus was amazing at first. Absolutely great.

Now it drains even when on idle. A factory reset helped the battery life drastically last time (it's not any apps that are causing battery issues because I don't download new ones much). I don't want to keep doing factory resets though

That's weird how some people have improved battery after the update, and for others the update had a negitive effect on there batteries.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

I think Im gonna have to do a reset also,MAN!!!!,I hate to do it.After update,phone kinda actin weird.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
The fixes were very minor. I still think the switch to landscape mode is still too slow. The volume for music/video playback on the external speaker is still weak (I have to use Volume + set at max to come close to the volume on my buddy's iPhone 4S). Facebook photo syncing for contacts still doesn't work either.

yeah i was hoping for many more new features myself...

alboboy10

Reaction score
Imprisoned said:
That's weird how some people have improved battery after the update, and for others the update had a negitive effect on there batteries.

No it wasn't the update. My phone did this before the update.

The battery seems to get worse with time and after a factory reset it becomes really good again.

Battery drain is an issue too

Last edited:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way,did talk to a tech and they(VZW) are taking notes on issues people are having after update.I added my 2 cents.The reset did seem take care of my issues,but will give it about a month.

timrock

Reaction score
I will be returning mines. I did a hard reset and am still having battery issues. I have 3 batteries. 2 are standard. My batteries will not charge past 98%. None of them. I take the phone off the charger and do nothing. I turn the screen off, come back 5 minutes later and the percentage has dropped. I just got to work and didnt even take my phone out, i used my tablet, and im down to 85%. How is that even possible?
spbzwn.png

alboboy10

Reaction score
timrock said:
I will be returning mines. I did a hard reset and am still having battery issues. I have 3 batteries. 2 are standard. My batteries will not charge past 98%. None of them. I take the phone off the charger and do nothing. I turn the screen off, come back 5 minutes later and the percentage has dropped. I just got to work and didnt even take my phone out, i used my tablet, and im down to 85%. How is that even possible?

I had some battery issues as well I posted them in another topic. I think with my phone the problem is certain apps not staying on standby.

With your phone though most of your battery is dying on standby. If you have a lot of things synching then your battery will die faster even if your phone display isn't on