What screen protector are you using on your Galaxy S4?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use none, have wasted tons of money on screen protectors in the past, they all stink, nothing beats a bare screen, unless you have sand or diamonds in your pocket then a screen protector is just a waste of money.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I use none, have wasted tons of money on screen protectors in the past, they all stink, nothing beats a bare screen, unless you have sand or diamonds in your pocket then a screen protector is just a waste of money.

I have to agree. I run bareback and nothing feels better...on my fingers. Seriously though, as cybertec69 said, unless you often have dirt on your fingers (soil from the ground), which contains hard abrasives, and don't carry and around in the pocket with the phone, and you don't lay the phone down face first onto a dirty table surface or on concrete, you should never need a screen protector.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check out the new Just Like Glass Nano from DBA Cases - Best Phone Cases | Screen Protectors, Samsung Cases, & iPhone Cases | DBA Cases | DBA Cases, Inc.

A completely new kind of protector and superior to anything on the market.

[video=youtube;zXZz-2QTyFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXZz-2QTyFs[/video]

It's a new version of the good old PET protector.
It applies like the PET protectors.
Why on earth would anyone pay that kind of money for a PET derivative?
Why pay $26 for some PET derivative when you could have a tempered glass hybrid that won't shatter for $8?
Yea it's thicker but really, $26 for PET type protectors.

Give me a break........

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jlg nano

It's completely different than the old PET protectors. It's two layers of nano glass particles inbetween two advanced layers of plastic. Tempered Glass is history - this will take it's place.

This review came out yesterday and he pulls the protector apart to show how it's made - [video=youtube;fMO8YITv_ew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMO8YITv_ew[/video]

It's a new version of the good old PET protector.
It applies like the PET protectors.
Why on earth would anyone pay that kind of money for a PET derivative?
Why pay $26 for some PET derivative when you could have a tempered glass hybrid that won't shatter for $8?
Yea it's thicker but really, $26 for PET type protectors.

Give me a break........

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's completely different than the old PET protectors. It's two layers of nano glass particles inbetween two advanced layers of plastic. Tempered Glass is history - this will take it's place.

This review came out yesterday and he pulls the protector apart to show how it's made - [video=youtube;fMO8YITv_ew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMO8YITv_ew[/video]

Like the name. Teach us something Linux. :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score

Okay...
I previously bought one of these and returned it because it "felt" like PET.
Took it out of the package and immediately could tell it wasn't a glass like surface.
The top is plastic like PET.
The bottom, is a soft silicon type material like the PET protector.

I could not tell if it any clearer that PET or tempered glass because I don't have optical measurement equipment.

The bottom line is it's a multilayer protector like PET, with a new inner layer.
Call it what you like, we'll need to agree to disagree.

I didn't like it for the price, YMMV.
If you are looking for that glass like experience, you won't get it with this.

I bought a thin tempered glass protector. It's a hybrid with a soft layer that contacts the screen like the PET protectors.
Nope, not thin as this one but the feel is better.
I prefer feel over ultra thin. Once again, YMMV.

Buy what you like, I didn't like this type of protector and will buy glass instead.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand there have been many multi-layer protectors out there - Ghost Armor, ZAGG, etc... however they are simply like Saran Wrap and feel terrible. I've tried a bunch and have also tried a bunch of tempered.

This came out a week ago so there is no way you've tried this. Anyone who's tried Just Like Glass's prior protector knows they feel like glass. This is a far more advanced version.

This is smoother than glass - it's a new coating technology. If you watch the review he writes on the surface with a sharpie - it won't adhere because it's a completely smooth surface. Even glass is uneven if you look at it through a microscope.

Anyone can buy what they like and if you like your tempered that's great. But don't lump something you've never tried into all of the others.

Okay...
I previously bought one of these and returned it because it "felt" like PET.
Took it out of the package and immediately could tell it wasn't a glass like surface.
The top is plastic like PET.
The bottom, is a soft silicon type material like the PET protector.

I could not tell if it any clearer that PET or tempered glass because I don't have optical measurement equipment.

The bottom line is it's a multilayer protector like PET, with a new inner layer.
Call it what you like, we'll need to agree to disagree.

I didn't like it for the price, YMMV.
If you are looking for that glass like experience, you won't get it with this.

I bought a thin tempered glass protector. It's a hybrid with a soft layer that contacts the screen like the PET protectors.
Nope, not thin as this one but the feel is better.
I prefer feel over ultra thin. Once again, YMMV.

Buy what you like, I didn't like this type of protector and will buy glass instead.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
:hail: I'm glad you know for a fact that I have not tried this.
Do you have skin in the game, are they paying you?
I have no skin in the game. I don't work for anyone reviewing products?

As someone that understands material science, let me know where the patent is for plastic that is "smoother" than glass?
Plastics and acrylics just don't measure up to glass in smoothness and durability.
If you doubt that, then go talk to Corning and others making true flexible glass.
The structural makeup of plastics means it will never be as smooth as glass and never have the surface hardness of tempered glass.

Now you can incorporate glass fibers into plastics and still have them optically clear, but that's not what they are claiming.
Also explain what you mean by "nano glass" particles, nano glass beads?
Thinnest sheet glass record is held by Cornell University.

So I don't buy into buzz words and hype because somebody claims it.
Show me the engineering data and testing that this is "smoother" than glass and has the claimed impact resistance.
Until I see something more than just a claim and demonstration, it's just another screen protector.

It looks/feels like a high end plastic screen protector and doesn't do anymore than the protectors that cost $1.50.

As always - YMMV.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been asked by others to respond to you. I generally don't when it comes to trolls.

I am the CEO of the company. If you had done any research at all you would have seen my 3800 posts and the fact we've been a sponsor or the forums for a long time. It's never been hidden.

You never tried our protector - I would know.

The protector is actual particles of Nano-Glass sandwiched between layers of plastic. No shattering and more protective than anything on the market. They feel as smooth or smoother than glass.

We just got back from CES where we did demonstrations with a hammer and have some big distribution interested in the NANO.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Scott

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway, like I said "nano glass" between plastic. Plastic is simply not as smooth as glass and does not have the surface hardness of glass. Plastic can be more impact resistant than glass. I never claimed it was not. There are plenty of demos with hammers hitting phones with protectors. I'm glad someone is picking up your product. I'm not a hater, I like truth in advertising.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Bought a Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen protector 2wks ago. The price of these actual glass screen protectors was holding me back but I got one for $17. Best purchase for my phone ever. Could never go back to traditional screen protectors again.

Dweib

Reaction score
I have one of those as well. They put it on in the store when I bought the phone. Lifetime warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy Blue using Droid Forums