What screen protector are you using on your Galaxy S4?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Are you using a screen protector on your shiny brand new Galaxy S4? If so let us know what kind you're using?

Personally, I have always used SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal on my previous devices but I bought my ex, Tech Armor for her Galaxy S3 and I noticed a difference in overall clarity and smoothness... I liked it so much I ordered some for my GS4.

They fit perfectly and so easy to install. You get 3 of them and lifetime warranty. I ordered mine from their eBay store for $6.95 free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/32111759327...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

jseah

Reaction score
I put a SGP Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic on my daughter's S4. When we were at the AT&T store to buy my nephew his S4, they had a tempered glass screen protector (I don't recall which brand it was) and I purchased that for his.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
SGP Ultra Crystal will be here today, have used those on the last two phones I have had.

Dark Helmut

Reaction score
im using the one that came with my case the tridnet aegis seris but i also picked up some tech armor screen protectors from amazon as well

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Are you using a screen protector on your shiny brand new Galaxy S4? If so let us know what kind you're using?

Personally, I have always used SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal on my previous devices but I bought my ex, Tech Armor for her Galaxy S3 and I noticed a difference in overall clarity and smoothness... I liked it so much I ordered some for my GS4.

They fit perfectly and so easy to install. You get 3 of them and lifetime warranty. I ordered mine from their eBay store for $6.95 free shipping

Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy SIV Screen Protectors w Lifetime Warranty 3pk Retail | eBay

I have the Spigen SGP Ultra Clear that I ordered here from Amazon.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Crystal] Premium Crystal Clear High Definition Front Screen Protector for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500: Cell Phones & Accessories

Seems to be the same protector, only comes two to a pack instead of 3. Fits perfectly, and if you didn't know it was there ...... you wouldn't. Me likey. :icon_ lala:

debrad0307

Reaction score
Well.... don't I feel cheap. I'm using the screen protectors you can buy at Verizon for my S3... but that tech armor sounds nice too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Put the SGP on last night, all went well except the very far bottom left corner won't lay all the way down. Good enough for now. :)

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I have the Spigen SGP Ultra Clear that I ordered here from Amazon.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Crystal] Premium Crystal Clear High Definition Front Screen Protector for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500: Cell Phones & Accessories

Seems to be the same protector, only comes two to a pack instead of 3. Fits perfectly, and if you didn't know it was there ...... you wouldn't. Me likey. :icon_ lala:

They're 2 different brands and I have used both on my S4 and I find the Tech Armor ones to be a little better as far as smoothness and clarity goes. The Tech Armor ones are cut better as well. So much easier to get lined up right specially the home button cutout...

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Well.... don't I feel cheap. I'm using the screen protectors you can buy at Verizon for my S3... but that tech armor sounds nice too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The tech armor is really nice, I decided to switch from SGP to it after applying one on my ex's S3. Had to get one for my S4. ;)
Put the SGP on last night, all went well except the very far bottom left corner won't lay all the way down. Good enough for now. :)

That's one thing I didn't have trouble with the Tech Armor.... I also had that same issue as you with the SGP... mine was on bottom right though and by the home screen button cutout. :(

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The tech armor is really nice, I decided to switch from SGP to it after applying one on my ex's S3. Had to get one for my S4. ;)

That's one thing I didn't have trouble with the Tech Armor.... I also had that same issue as you with the SGP... mine was on bottom right though and by the home screen button cutout. :(

Yep, why I just ordered a set of the Tech Armor :)

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yep, why I just ordered a set of the Tech Armor :)

You're going to like them. ;)

My first try was a success. Went on my phone perfectly.

wardo

Reaction score
I just placed an order for a set of the Tech Armor off Amazon

Amazon.com: Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy S4 SIV Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protectors with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-Pack] - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

I like that Tech Armor gives you 3, I always end up messing up 1 of them during install. Too much dust in my house from 2 cats and a dog.

Buy great shield and you will never mess up again.
They are much better than tech armor.
Lifetime warranty to boot.

Not sure what it would cover though, lol