What screen protector are you using on your Galaxy S4?

Caesars

Reaction score
I haven't used any glass screen protectors yet. Are they generally scratch resistant? So far I've been using invisishields and military shields with no issues, but I'd like to try out the glass types. The tech armor didn't look too pricey, I just don't want to buy something that will scratch like crazy or be an issue for my tpu/otterbox cases.

GS4/iPhone5

lulalula

Reaction score
For my GS4, i just use an ordinary kind ,only able to prevent the slight damage, so i am planning to change a better one...and when i searched the internet, i found an explosion-proof screen protector,amazing,has any guy ever used it ,hh ,i am curious about its function,really so effective?!

Reaction score
For the first time ever I went with more than just the cheap vzw screen protectors. I sprung $20 for the new zagg that advertises "military grade" protection. In the first week or two I am so far thrilled with it. Best I've ever had.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
For the first time ever I went with more than just the cheap vzw screen protectors. I sprung $20 for the new zagg that advertises "military grade" protection. In the first week or two I am so far thrilled with it. Best I've ever had.
I bought Zagg InvisibleSheidl with my original Droid. I ended up returning it and getting a refund.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well I have been using the Tech Armor for a couple weeks now and I have two new scratches on it today, not sure from where they were not there yesterday. That combined with the other imperfection I have under the screen, it is time to take it off and go back to the Steinheil Ultra Crystal for awhile and see how they hold up.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Why was it so bad? Mines been good so far...
Just a matter of personal opinion.

I hated the orange peel effect it left. I played alot of outdoor basketball when I had my OG droid and my hands would get dirty, unfortunately, the dirt would stick to the screen protector and would create smudges that could only be cleaned off with a cleaner, water minimum. I hated how my finger would get caught/stuck when navigating the phone. And last but not least, the rainbow effect under the screen was pretty severe. I had enough of it after about 2 weeks and ended up getting my money back.

Since my experience with Zagg, I've used multiple manufacturers and found a few I think are a superior product. Some have been wet application protectors, but their rainbow effect was minimal, especially compared to that of the Zagg. I've since sworn off Zagg for my personal phone, but have recommended it, along with other brands, to others and a few of my friends went with them.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well I have been using the Tech Armor for a couple weeks now and I have two new scratches on it today, not sure from where they were not there yesterday. That combined with the other imperfection I have under the screen, it is time to take it off and go back to the Steinheil Ultra Crystal for awhile and see how they hold up.
SGP has been my go to brand for awhile. I just threw on two TechArmor HD protectors on my parents' iPhones and I really liked them. Unfortunately I never tried the Ultra Crystal as it was never available for the Nexus or I missed out on it when they did manufacture it, I've been using the Ultra Oleophobic since. Screen clarity with the UO is great, but I can tell the TechArmor offers superior clarity, so I will be trying one for my next phone whatever it may be. I'd try it on my Nexus but considering my upgrade is next week I'm not sure how long I'll be holding onto it.

From my experience, SGP definitely makes the most durable protectors imo.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I tried to put another SGP on my S4 last night and had the same problem with this new set, they just don't line up right. I got it almost right but there was still a section in the top right that would not lay down because it was slightly on the earpiece.

I actually just took off the SGP and put another Tech Armor on, went on perfect straight the first time. I think these are going to have to be my go to for this phone at least. I have tried two different sets of SGP (4 screen protectors in total) and none of them fit right.

I am on only my second Tech Armor and it fit perfectly each time. I think clarity is better on the Tech Armor as well. SGP are more durable it seems, but if they don't fit right what good are they?

georgiana_uk

Reaction score
Im using Clear Diamonds anti glare screen protectors and i think they are fairly good and reasonably priced

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Got TechArmor HD screen protectors comin in tomorrow. Hopefully they don't change the screen quality, but from what I've seen on the iPhones I put them on they work great.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Got TechArmor HD screen protectors comin in tomorrow. Hopefully they don't change the screen quality, but from what I've seen on the iPhones I put them on they work great.

You won't be disappointed.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You won't be disappointed.

I only got a bit of hands on afyer I installed them on my parents' phones but they looked great. My concern is how much your finger sticks or gets caught especially after physical activity

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just put on one of the TechArmor protectors and this is definitely the clearest screen protector I've ever used, one of the thinnest as well. Definitely more friction, which is expected, but so far pretty happy with the product.

The only thing I didn't like was where the tabs are for installation. They put the 'pull tabs' at the top of the device when I think it would've been better, for alignment anyway, to put the pull tabs on the "home button" side. I guess it could just be my technique though since I don't like taking off the initial "cover" as I like to line things up then slowly take off the "cover" as I lay down the adhesive side.

Smudges wipe off fairly easily with this screen protector and I love how it's crystal clear as if there is no protector on it. Only thing left in question is durability.

So far, 9/10.