What ROM is best and why

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
Well im looking to move from stock and advance my phone some more. I am unsure for the Global D2 on what rom is better than other Roms and why. Please inform me so I can make an educated decision. Thanks all :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

mcaz5

Reaction score
I prefer Liberty. It runs smooth, It seems to help the battery life on my phone. Not many annoying forcecloses, and best of all, there is plenty of custimization you can do to this ROM to fit your liking.:icon_ banana:

michael29626

Reaction score
I prefer the squidlymandingo, it is alot like the stock rom that came on my d2 but faster and customizable. I tried liberty 1.5 which was ok, but I had issues with google voice search not working. This squidly seems faster and more professional somehow. Battery life is ok also. Haven't tried the others, happy with the squid.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Just an FYI, the only ROM that works on the D2G is Fission 2.4.3. You can make the others work by flashing any D2 ROM, then flashing the D2G ROMer tool from team Get R Done. If you don't do that, there's a very real chance you'll brick your phone, as the D2 and D2G are completely different when it comes to software. The caveat with the ROMer tool is that your sensors won't work..

Fuganater

Reaction score
Speaking of Liberty....

Is there anyway to customize the app dock? I hate how it only has the phone and browser...

mcaz5

Reaction score
Yes you can actually. You should try ADW.launcher or launcher pro. I prefer adw. In adw you can download custom themes for your dock to give it the style you like. You can also get up to five icons on the dock.

trook

Reaction score
If its your first rom you should try fission. As someone stated above its the only rom made for the global. When you get a little more comfortable and the get r done guys fix the bugs in their Romer then flash everything. Try them all.

Fuganater

Reaction score
Yes you can actually. You should try ADW.launcher or launcher pro. I prefer adw. In adw you can download custom themes for your dock to give it the style you like. You can also get up to five icons on the dock.

I forgot you could do that. I put Zeam on.

garbageman

Reaction score
If its your first rom you should try fission. As someone stated above its the only rom made for the global. When you get a little more comfortable and the get r done guys fix the bugs in their Romer then flash everything. Try them all.

I agree with this statement. You gonna want to get what fits best for you weather it be fission or liberty or one of the other ones.

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2

OP
Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
ok it sounds like most people choose fision or liberty. as a newbie, is there any difference making one seem better than the other?

jjj751

Reaction score
ok it sounds like most people choose fision or liberty. as a newbie, is there any difference making one seem better than the other?

Liberty is just more awesome lol. The stock liberty theme isn't that great looking but the themes for it is the best out of all the roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App