What is the best custom rom for moto droid2

xprobert

Reaction score
I am running apex custom rom. Just want to know what everyone else thinks of the the other roms and what problems you run in to.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Make backups and try them all!

DroidForums Junkie!!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I prefer the stock rom. While the battery life is noticeably worse than many custom roms, the stability is really what's most important to me. I do overclock using quickclock to 1.288 ghz to make it a little snappier. Every custom rom had atleast one annoying issue and from what I can tell, the stock rom hasn't had any.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I prefer the stock rom. While the battery life is noticeably worse than many custom roms, the stability is really what's most important to me. I do overclock using quickclock to 1.288 ghz to make it a little snappier. Every custom rom had atleast one annoying issue and from what I can tell, the stock rom hasn't had any.

The stock ROM is probably the most reliable, but even with an extended battery, I can't make it a full day. I may try stock with SetCPU when I get my new device, and we'll see how it works out.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend quickclock over Set CPU....problem with SETCPU....for me at least...and a few others....is there is this period of time....around 3 to 5 seconds where your phone is as slow as can be when you wake it up.

OP
X

xprobert

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to know what everyone thought.

trook

Reaction score
Make backups and try them all!

+1 here, make your backup and try everything that's out there. I switch roms every few days out of some type of obsession I have, you never have to choose, you can just rotate roms like me...... I need help.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I use both quickclock and setcpu (for profiles) and I get exactly a full day with the battery my d2 came with. Over 12 hours of moderate to heavy use

miketoasty

Reaction score
I try to love stock but I can't give up battery life for things that just really aren't necessary. Plus, when it comes to Liberty I find that it is actually more stable than the stock while still giving me at least a full day (8+ hours) of battery life on heavy usage.

But, as others have said make backups and try them all, see what you like, most ROMs out there have at least a handful of items that make them unique.

473x15

Reaction score
For my personal view i can say squidly 2.3.20.2 full blur or stock squidly is the best so far is pretty stable since you can run 1.45ghz with no problem and hit it over 3000 when you test it and battery life is the best specially if you use setcpu and down clock it to 300 max and 300 min dude you see it im a pick guy and i hate to charge my phone every moment but this rom totally rocks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL ( THE GAME OF LIFE )

miketoasty

Reaction score
For my personal view i can say squidly 2.3.20.2 full blur or stock squidly is the best so far is pretty stable since you can run 1.45ghz with no problem and hit it over 3000 when you test it and battery life is the best specially if you use setcpu and down clock it to 300 max and 300 min dude you see it im a pick guy and i hate to charge my phone every moment but this rom totally rocks.

I can run my phone perfectly fine on Liberty, ULV 1.45, it just depends on your phone. If I turn stagefright on my Quad score is higher on liberty than it has been on any other mod (Except Cobalt, but that project is DOA). Battery life is a little worse due to more customization available when first installed.

Not trying to start anything I just want the OP to know the truth =P.

473x15

Reaction score
That true broo it depends on the droid too and im really sad cause my first droid was d2 and i lost it :cry now i have the d2g w fission rom its ok but i really miss my squidly rom.

louy99

Reaction score
I have tryed fission and liberty. Both are very stable and fast roms. I'm sticking with liberty. Just a bit quicker on my phone.

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
Can't live without liberty :)